Vascular Surgery Associates (VSA), a vascular surgery specialty practice, seeks a sharp, detail-oriented nurse practitioner or physician assistant. The primary location for the position is our Hanover office and Memorial Regional Medical Center. The position, which is full-time, offers attractive weekday hours, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
VSA represents a 7-physician practice with a long history of vascular surgery excellence. The posted position does not involve travel outside of Hanover. Overall, however, the practice serves patients in four office locations throughout Central Virginia and Tappahannock, multiple hospitals, a vascular center for outpatient procedures, etc. Conditions treated include aortic aneurysms, peripheral artery disease, carotid artery disease, diabetic vascular conditions, phlebitis, and varicose veins.
- In the office environment, independently and in conjunction with the supervising physician, performs evaluation and management of new and established patients
- Performs rounds on inpatients for purposes of consultation and follow up
- Prepares thorough chart documentation
- Manages messages and calls from referring physicians, patients and their families
- Current Virginia license
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Program
- Three to five years of prior experience preferred, although exceptional new grads will be considered. Intensive care experience a real plus.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written communication skills
- Self-starter who will adhere to the practice’s scope of practice for the position while working with and without direct supervision
Job Type: Full-time
- Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant: 3 years
Required license or certification:
- nurse practitioner or physician assistant license, Virginia Board of Medicine