CENTRO DE SALUD FAMILIAR LA FE, INC.
Job Title: Medical Assistant/Outreach Worker
An Outreach Worker promotes and improves health of individuals and communities by helping them adopt healthy behaviors. They provide information to the general public on mental health related matters. They will be responsible for performing outreach and/ or clinical duties as required. They will form an open and supportive relationship with community wellness projects and initiatives. Establishes and maintains open lines of communication with clinic personnel and participates in and supports community mental health wellness educational projects. They identify, coordinate and implement outreach efforts that help the target population understand and manage their emotional and physical well–being as part of a holistic approach to total wellbeing or – Nuestro Bienestar
II. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for greeting and providing courteous assistance to all individuals entering or inquiring about available health and human service programs.
- Assist in the provisions of clinical services.
- Responsible for performing community outreach functions.
- Assists with departmental support functions.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and current record keeping functions.
- Attends and participates in regular departmental, organizational and committee meetings, conferences, workshops, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
III. MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
A. Work Experience
- One year work experience in a community project or performing volunteer community service.
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable insured transportation required. Must have an acceptable driving record and proof of liability insurance.
- Associate’s degree in psychology, social work, health education, public health, human services, medical assistant or related field or related experience. Certificate of completion from a formal training program. CPR certified.
- Ability to work effectively with local, state and national organizations.
- Ability to represent La Fe in public functions, presentations, organizations, etc.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Excellent writing, presentation, and communication skills.
- Must be sensitive towards culture and attitude of people from different communities to include the stigma and other barriers to mental health care access.
- Good listener and interpersonal skills to interact with people from different backgrounds and language preferences..
- Teaching and public speaking skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills. Be able to make practical decisions to solve mental health and healthcare related queries of the community.
- Knowledge of computers, MS Office suite, and healthcare related databases.
- Knowledge of community resources and service networks that provide behavioral health services.
- Ability to relate migrant workers and public housing recipients.
- Knowledge of community target areas (problem, needs, resources, etc.)
- Ability to exercise food judgment in unusual or stressful situations.
IV. PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
Location/Region: El Paso