Director of Accounting & Administration
We’re looking for an amazing Financial Professional! VHDA, seeks an experienced leader to fill a central role within its Finance Division. Reporting directly to the Managing Director of Finance, this vital role will manage the Authority’s accounting, budget, insurance, and procurement functions. This position will work internally across all business units, with administrative divisions, and Leadership Team Members including the Executive Director. External relationships will include the Board of Commissioners and its Audit Committee, external auditors, tax consultants, Federal and Commonwealth Government Agencies, banks, and various other partners.
The Director of Accounting & Administration will:
- Establish and maintain accounting principles, practices, procedures, systems and initiatives
- Manage and monitor internal financial controls over cash, purchasing, business travel and training, accounts payable, financial reporting, budgeting process, insurable risks, and federal and state tax reporting
- Provide financial reporting and analysis to executive management, investors, regulatory agencies and other external entities
- Develop and monitor enterprise wide budget
- Oversee the procurement of goods and services in accordance with applicable laws, and provide contract management services to internal clients
The successful candidate should possess:
- CPA Licensure in good standing
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other relevant major is highly desired; applicable work experience
will be considered; an advanced degree is preferred
- Significant years of experience managing a broad range of financial functions; financial services industry experience is preferred
- Knowledge and experience in supply chain management is also preferred
VHDA is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships. As a substantial player in the industry, we rely on the talents of our associates to keep us operating as a powerhouse of innovation.
VHDA’s total rewards programs and commitment to a healthy and diverse workforce enable us to attract the best and brightest talent. Our team is engaged, involved and encouraged to challenge the status quo.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at: http://www.vhda.com/careers
This recruitment will remain open until filled.
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.
About this company
Since our creation in 1972 by the Virginia General Assembly, VHDA has helped Virginians attain quality, affordable housing through public-private partnerships with local governments, community service organizations, lenders, developers and others. We provide mortgages for first-time homebuyers, as well as financing for apartment communities and neighborhood revitalization efforts. We teach free homebuyer classes, support housing counseling, and help people with disabilities and the elderly make their homes more livable. We also administer the federal Housing Choice Voucher and Housing Credit programs in Virginia. VHDA is self-supporting and receives no state taxpayer dollars to fund its programs. Instead, we raise money in the capital markets, and we contribute a significant portion of our net revenues each year to help meet Virginia’s housing needs.
Since our founding, VHDA has committed financing for more than 182,000 single family homes and 144,000 multifamily units.