RN FOR RESIDENTIAL ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION PROGRAM
Nature's Classroom is looking for energetic, creative, and compassionate medical staff. We are a residential environmental education program at fourteen facilities in New England and New York. We provide hands-on, experiential, and inquiry-based education that inspires a love of learning. Students develop a sense of community, a confidence in themselves, and an appreciation for others and the environment that carries over to the school community.
Over 750,000 children and 450 schools made Nature's Classroom an integral part of their academic experiences. We have been recognized for excellence by the National Science Teacher's Association, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and the State of Connecticut. We have been offering the very best in environmental education for over 40 years.
- Be the primary medical caregiver for groups of students Monday-Friday
- Distribute medications following strict medical direction assigned by a MD or parent of a visiting child
- Communicate with parents, teachers and Nature’s Classroom staff as to the medical needs of individual students
- Provide emergency care and services as needed
- Organize and stock medical supply cabinet as well as staff first aid kits
- Document and organize medications arriving with our visiting school
- RN: Current license as an RN in MA, CT, NH, ME, RI, or NY. Nature's Classroom will support the acquisition of additional state licenses.
- Must live on property
- Willingness to occasionally travel and work at other beautiful locations within New England
- RN salary range is $560-$950 per week based on the number of students and previous experience
- Room and board provided 7 days a week
- No Weekend duties/responsibilities
- A supportive organization that is willing to help you develop professionally
Dates of Employment:
Nature's Classroom operates seasonally during the spring and fall and we offer two summer programs as well. Spring typically runs from mid-March to mid-June. Fall typically runs from Labor Day to Thanksgiving. Exact dates vary by facility.
Application form can be downloaded from our website http://www.naturesclassroom.org/nc_employment.htm
Location/Region: Charlton, MA (US - 01507)