ELEVATE POSITION GUIDE
Technical Support Analyst
Network Engineering & Operations Supervisor
Montrose, Colorado, USA
Elevate Network Ops.
08/16, 12/16, 12/17
***Postion is Open Until Filled***
Please attach Resume with your completed application
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
AAS degree in Computer Science or a related field and up to two (2) years of Network &/or IT systems support is required (extensive professional experience may be considered in lieu of degree).
Recent, progressive, personal computer and network experience within ISP and IT environments including software/hardware installation and customer service experience is required.
Working knowledge of data networking, wireless networking, GPON and/or related Fiber technologies is required, as is working knowledge of phone & voicemail systems and associated security setup.
Must have working knowledge of PC, MAC hardware and software including general business/office applications and operating systems which include Windows 7, 8, 10, Linux and MAC OSX.
Must have and maintain a valid Colorado driver’s license. Must be willing to travel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Delta-Montrose Electric Association reserves the right to change or modify the duties and essential functions of this position at any time.
In an efficient and professional manner, and in accordance with the Elevate/IBEW Labor Agreement and Elevate Accident Prevention Handbook:
With minimal supervision, performs a variety of Tier-2 network operations, service provisioning and network support tasks, including but limited to: analyzing, documenting, testing, maintaining, troubleshooting and supporting of Elevate Fiber and Wireless Customers. Performs a variety of project tasks and requires good communications skills with the ability to work with users, coworkers and customers diplomatically, respectfully and skillfully. Exercises judgment and decision making in the diagnosis and resolution of computer and network hardware and software problems.
- Performs a full range of work assigned to this class and works with considerable independence and initiative. At this level, work is complex in nature, and includes a high degree of security in relation to the security on the file systems and the Elevate network.
- Provides troubleshooting assistance and “how-to” help to customers regarding all supported end-user premise device hardware in a multi-vendor/platform environment, which includes LAN, WAN, Wireless and Fiber Internet connectivity and support.
- Resolves general problems and customer questions regarding provider-supplied hardware used in general business and residential applications.
- Provides general assistance to other NOC [Network Operations Center] personnel in providing customer installation, provisioning and troubleshooting support.
- Responsible for all tier-2 support escalation tickets including but not limited to managed wireless, internet connectivity and general customer service problems for Elevate Fiber and wireless customers.
- Responsible for all customer telephony provisioning, coordination and troubleshooting including coordinating number ports and scheduling with upstream providers.
- Assists Network Engineering and Outside Plant teams with business customer installation including site survey, and coordination of service provisioning and installation.
- Provides direct field support for fiber installation and OSP technicians including service changes, service call scheduling and remote troubleshooting of installation issues.
- Assists the Network Engineering team in system installation, configuration, upgrades, performance, disaster recovery and usage reporting, as required.
- Performs and assists with programming and troubleshooting customer ONTs remotely.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Location/Region: Montrose, CO (US - 81401)