We are growing!
Multi-site Tax Credit and affordable housing experience is a must!
The Regional is responsible for achieving the financial and compliance goals established for the communities and for meeting other established operational goals. Each Regional Manager supervises all team members assigned to the communities and works under the direct supervision of the Vice President of Property Management. This position requires an extensive amount of travel.
GOALS OF POSITION:
• Ensure that the interior and exterior of the communities meet Hercules safety and appearance standards.
• Develop short and long-term marketing plans to achieve and sustain occupancy goals.
• Formulate and manage the operational and capital budget for the communities, track and report on the financial performance of the communities, and implement strategies for enhancing the value of the assets.
• Implement strategies for achieving high operational performance in the areas of expense management, rent growth, resident retention and service, income generation, and collections.
• Oversee compliance with local, state, and federal laws pertaining to the industry, employment, and resident/tenant relations.
• Recruit, hire, train, and manage the performance of the associates, and take appropriate actions to ensure achievement of performance goals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Proven industry experience in managing communities in diverse markets and with a variety of physical, financial, or market challenges.
• Thorough understanding of budgeting and ability to read, analyze and interpret financial statements and spreadsheets.
• Experience in conducting market research and in developing short and long-term marketing plans.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Experience in managing a small to large group of people, and in practicing effective performance management techniques.
• Thorough understanding of the apartment industry, including key indicators of financial and operational performance, and a broad understanding of maintenance and service.
• Excellent customer service orientation and skills in interacting with diverse people.
• Knowledge and fluency with property management operational systems and other computer software applications as required.
• Distance management, delegation, and multi-site skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
1. Recruit, hire, train and manage associates as needed to meet the staffing guidelines established for each community.
2. Work with the Vice President of Property Management to formulate annual operating and capital budgets for the communities.
3. Recognize the uniqueness of each community and personally devote attention as needed as fluctuations occur at each community.
4. Access sources of market information to develop short and long-range marketing plans to ensure occupancy goals.
5. Oversee the preparation and maintenance of all accounting and operations records, including resident compliance files, cash receipt journals, and other related reports and documentation.
6. Establish service goals for the communities and implement programs to promote resident retention.
7. Manage expenditures by planning and implementing cost-cutting and cost-saving ideas, and oversee the purchase of supplies and materials needed for the day-to-day operation of the communities.
8. Work with the Maintenance Teams to ensure prompt, complete, and courteous service and repairs for residents and for the communities.
9. Hire and supervise external contractors, and other service providers, and/or work with property improvements as needed to effectively oversee completion of capital improvements.
10. Oversee the leasing, move-in, and move-out process at the communities including ensuring compliance with Hercules Living standards for credit approval.
11. Minimize delinquency through managing aggressive collections efforts, and follow up to ensure procedures for evictions are maintained.
12. Complete all accounting and operational reports as required by Hercules Living , and ensure compliance with established operations policies and procedures.
13. Any other job responsibilities assigned by your supervisor.
14. Must have reliable transportation to and from work and the ability to travel frequently within assigned portfolio.
An exceptional benefits package includes:
•Long term disability
•Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
*Potential for Quarterly & Annual Bonuses
*Great opportunity with a growing organization.
...and much more!
If you are looking for a company that will invest in you, please submit your resume today!
*Hercules Living is an Equal Employment Opportunity company
Founded in 1995, Hercules Real Estate Services is the parent company of Hercules Living, RST Development and Triangle Construction. We are a family-owned and operated business headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Starting with just seven properties, Hercules now owns and manages over 40 properties, including more than 8,000 apartments in seven states. Over more than 20 years, Hercules has emerged as one of the leading companies of its kind in the mid-Atlantic and southeast regions.
Hercules Real Estate Services emphasizes excellence, service, and a resident-first approach as bedrock values that influence every company interaction, no matter how large or small. While this may not always be the easiest way to do business, it's the approach that results in long-term success.