The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining the interior and exterior of the apartment complex. Additionally, the maintenance technician must ensure the proper operation of all appliances, heating and cooling units, and light fixtures.
We Offer: Health Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401K Benefits
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- General Inspection to determine maintenance needs.
- Respond to tenant maintenance requests in the individual apartment units.
- Install windows
- Install new appliances and dispose of old ones
- Remove bulk trash from property grounds and take to landfill
- Repair appliances and heating/cooling units as needed
- Repair plumbing
- Inspect for cleanliness, trash removal, abandoned vehicles etc.
- Inspect Parking lots for new potholes etc.
- Report suspected lease violations to Property Manager.
- Inspect vacant spaces to ensure proper heating in winter and shutdown of AC in summer to conserve energy.
- Inspect vacant apartments for water damage, leaks, etc.
- Exterior light inspections including building exterior at night.
- General condition of grounds.
- Mechanical rooms, pump rooms, etc.
- Inspect roofs for obvious failures of flashing, skylights, debris on roof.
- Assist property manager in the management of subcontractors or perform the work normally assigned to a subcontractor based on the skill set of the employee.
- Perform maintenance on apartment turnovers before move in.
- Perform preventive maintenance as assigned.
- Assist in evictions as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- HVAC certification
- Experience with basic electrical, plumbing, and refrigeration
- A minimum of 2 year related experience preferred
- Ability to balance multiple priorities
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, reach, stand, climb ladders, bend, pull, push, twist, and kneel.
Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record and criminal background
Tryko Partners, LLC is a private equity investment group with a focus on multifamily properties, healthcare facilities and service entities, and tax liens along the Eastern Seaboard and in the Midwest.
Location/Region: Midlothian, VA (US)