This position is responsible for providing primary support to the internal and external user community on a variety of issues by consistently applying our defined processes with an understanding of computer hardware and software to resolve those issues.
- Act as first point of contact for user phone calls to the service desk
- Triage and accurately document user support issues according to defined procedures, focusing on impact and urgency
- Act as a liaison between customers and technical escalation teams, communicating technical information in layman’s terms.
- Resolve incidents with known solutions (per the knowledgebase), according to support standards and defined procedures
- Escalate more involved issues to the appropriate Tier 2 and Tier 3 support teams for expedient resolution.
- Deliver fanatical customer support
- Live the GreatAmerica principles
- Perform miscellaneous duties as required.
For all GreatAmerica team members: Honesty/Integrity, Customer Oriented, Accountability, Tenacious, Communication Skills (Oral & Written), Adaptability
For this position: Accuracy, Active Listening, Detail Oriented, Empathetic, Enthusiastic, Interpersonal, Problem Solving, Time Management, Working Under Pressure
Education: The ideal candidate would have an entry level understanding of the IT industry fundamentals, concepts, terminology, platforms and processes.
Experience: The ideal candidate would have previous customer service and/or call center experience.
Computer Skills: Basic understanding of Microsoft Windows (7 and higher), Internet browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
About this company
GreatAmerica is a national commercial equipment finance company dedicated to helping manufacturers, vendors, and dealers be more successful and keep their customers for a lifetime.
GreatAmerica established its headquarters in Cedar Rapids, Iowa in 1992 as GreatAmerica Leasing Corporation. In 2012, GreatAmerica changed its name to GreatAmerica Financial Services Corporation to reflect its expanded service offerings beyond financing. GreatAmerica now has a staff of over 400 employees with offices in Georgia, Minnesota, and Missouri. We provide financing and consulting services in all fifty states and some U.S. Territories.
Location/Region: Cedar Rapids, IA