SOS Security is seeking Unarmed Part/Full time Security Officers in the Manquin VA area.
Does a job protecting people and preventing theft, vandalism or unscrupulous activity sound good to you? If so, we have a career for you!
We’re looking for candidates with a lot of potential, a great personality and an eagerness to excel to help watch over client sites to help detect suspicious behavior and deter inappropriate or illegal activities. You might be stationed at a residential community managing gate access, or at a building or retail front door checking IDs and greeting people who walk in. Or, you may be watching a bank of TV monitors all night, looking for suspicious activity. Regardless of the location, you must be able to provide “security with a smile” to ensure clients and guests feel happy, safe and secure.
Flexible Schedules (FT/PT) . Some companies hire security personnel to work around the clock, making this a great part-time job with flexible hours. In fact, many college students, veterans and retirees and other work security jobs, and law enforcement personnel work security on their time off with some opting to work security after they retire.
Careers Start Here .* Security jobs are hard work and require good judgment, patience and restraint. Security is *not law enforcement; our goal is to watch, alert and respond according to policy and law. To help you get started, SOS Security provides required training on state laws, company and client policy and procedures, and make sure you are prepared to enforce both. And if you want to advance, we provide training for firearm, tactical and emergency response skills – making it easy for you to train, work and advance!
Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers
- Patrol premises regularly to maintain order and establish presence, which may include exposure to inclement weather and unpredictable crisis situations
- Monitor and authorize entrance of vehicles or people in the property
- Remove wrongdoers or trespassers from the area
- Secure all exits, doors and windows after end of operations
- Monitor surveillance cameras as needed to identify disruptions or unlawful acts
- Investigate people for suspicious activity or possessions
- Respond to alarms by investigating and assessing the situation
- Provide assistance to people in need
- Submit reports of daily surveillance activity and important occurrences
- Provide “Security with a smile” to ensure security is friendly and approachable always
• Experience as security officer preferred, but will train right candidates
• Knowledge or ability to learn legal guidelines for area security and public safety
• Familiarity with report writing
• Excellent customer service and observation skills
• Tech-savvy with computer experience, surveillance systems or able to learn
• Trained or able to take First Aid/Basic Life Support and self-defense training
• State security officer licenses / ability to obtain; provided for right applicants
• Able to stand and/or walk for long periods (up to 50 per hour), and climb stairs and ladders for emergency purposes.
• Pass background and initial/ongoing drug testing
• 18 years old and authorized to work in the US
• High School diploma or GED is required
Leave: Paid holidays, Vacation/paid time off, Medical- Full Time, Regular Employees
Insurance: Medical, Dental, Life, Vision
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group.
SOS Security is Headquartered in Parsippany, New Jersey, with regional and branch offices throughout the United States; SOS Security has become the benchmark for quality and professionalism in the field of security since our founding in 1969. We offer a broad range of services, including: Armed and Unarmed Security; Management & Consulting; Investigations; and Executive Protection.
Secure your future today by joining the SOS Security team Experienced security professionals looking to apply their knowledge in a rewarding team environment truly find a home at SOS. You will become an integral part of the relationship between our firm and our clients
Since 1969, SOS Security has built its reputation on providing clients with the highest level of service, integrity and professionalism.
SOS Security is Headquartered in Parsippany, New Jersey, with regional and branch offices throughout the United States. We offer a broad range of services, including: Armed and Unarmed Security; Management & Consulting; Investigations; and Executive Protection.
We invite you to join our team and become an integral part of the relationship between our firm and our clients. You will work closely with our highly trained team of professionals who respect hard work and discipline and believe in compensating employees accordingly.
We encourage personal growth and look to promote from within. Many entry level security officers join our team seeking a job and find a career. Our employee retention far exceeds industry norms as many of our employees have remained with SOS for over 10 years.
Secure your future today by joining the SOS Security team. Experienced security professionals looking to apply their knowledge in a rewarding team environment truly find a home at SOS.