The Chemical Dependency Counselor/ Case Manager is responsible for assessing and monitoring client’s behaviors while in treatment for chemical and alcohol abuse and dependency. In collaboration with the Clinical Director, the Chemical Dependency Counselor is responsible for documenting client behavior in group participation and counseling. Counselors will also be providing crisis management and counseling services while also running group therapies and education for the clients and family/significant others in a therapeutic setting. Other job duties include caring for client’s emotional needs and coordinating treatment and discharge planning.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide assessment and participate in the treatment planning with clients and their families/significant others.
- Review client chart for completion of all paperwork with appropriate signatures.
- Complete any paperwork and review for any missing signatures from client.
- Follow appointed chart table of contents and check off all documents currently in client chart.
- Assist Clinical Director in the coordination of services to clients.
- Assist and facilitate discharge planning and community outreach.
- Initiate, facilitate and promote on-site activities, therapeutic support and educational groups, outings and community meetings and document these activities in the client’s chart.
- Provide education for clients and significant others.
- Respond well to emergencies and initiate action as required.
- Record significant events involving client’s activities in the daily record.
- Respond to client complaints in an efficient and timely manner.
- Check for completion of client orientation by intake staff.
- Contact family immediately and set up a schedule of communication for the remainder of treatment.
- Meet with clients individually twice a week.
- Assist with discharge planning.
- Complete notes for every group and interaction.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and trainings.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PREFERENCES:
- Licensed or Certified with an approved Department of Health Care Services.
- At least two years of experience providing group, individual and family/significant other education and group counseling.
- Experience and education in chemical and alcohol dependency and abuse.
- Possess extensive knowledge of HIPAA.
- Possess a minimum of 2 years’ experience and education in chemical and alcohol dependency and abuse.
- Commitment to the philosophy of recovery and continuity of the program and of consideration and respect for clients.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to drive Program van.
Monarch Shores is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
Monarch Shores is a licensed and certified substance abuse rehab center in California that specializes in providing individualized treatment plans. Our physician-led multidisciplinary treatment team provides an integrated, holistic approach to treatment that creates long-term effective sobriety. These addiction treatment services include personalized therapy that incorporates Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), 12-step addiction treatment, non 12-step treatment, and holistic modalities such as massage, fitness training, acupuncture, and recreational outings.
Location/Region: San Juan Capistrano, CA (US)