HVAC-Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning
Fareva is currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Mechanic to join our team in Richmond, VA.
Serves as Facilities Maintenance HVAC Mechanic for the Facility Maintenance HVAC Work Group, Fareva, Richmond, VA. As such is responsible for installing, repairing, overhauling, and maintaining HVAC equipment, and performing other related tasks supporting site maintenance and services. Follows current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and adheres to all appropriate Fareva, Richmond, VA. Standard operating procedures (SOP) and environmental, health and safety-related policies.
- Performs scheduled Preventive Maintenance (PM) checks and services on refrigeration and air-conditioning equipment, chillers, cooling towers, ventilation systems, and HVAC-related equipment supporting building automation systems, singularly or as a team with other trades as assigned.
- Locates information in operator equipment manuals.
- Effectively communicates and coordinate the shutdown of equipment for maintenance. Performs routine PM tests in between scheduled PM actions to check for proper operations of HVAC-related equipment.
- Services and repairs refrigeration and air-conditioning equipment, chillers, cooling towers, ventilation systems and HVAC-related equipment supporting building automation systems.
- Recovers refrigerant, evacuating refrigerants, recharging by weighing-in refrigerants, repairing leaks and replacing defective parts.
- Follows Fareva, Richmond, VA. SOP; HVAC-related manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints and other specifications; and safe HVAC practices.
- Communicates effectively with co-workers and supervises the status and concerns of critical equipment.
- Troubleshoots various HVAC equipment such as refrigeration and air-conditioning equipment, chillers, cooling towers, ventilation systems, and building automation systems.
- Troubleshoots defective relays, controls, thermostats, switches, fuses, and other components.
- Works together as a team with other trades as assigned. Able to work assist other groups in bringing failed equipment back on line.
- Performs other HVAC duties as requested by senior HVAC mechanics and/or the HVAC Work Group Leader including but not limited to driving company vehicles to off-site locations to obtain/deliver equipment and/or parts.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- HVAC experience
- Virginia State Driver’s License
Skills and Abilities:
- Basic computer skills, familiar with BAS operating systems.
- Basic mechanical skills
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary; commensurate with experience
- Benefits package available
FAREVA Richmond manufactures pharmaceutical and personal care products for a variety of customers and brands. While the FAREVA name is relatively new to the area, the Richmond plant and its 500 employees have a long history in central Virginia. We are looking for new employees to join our team as we grow our business.
Location/Region: Richmond, VA (US)