CPU-Critical Piping Utilities
Serves as Facilities Maintenance CPU Mechanic for the Facility Maintenance Critical Piping Utilities Work Group, Fareva, Richmond, VA. As such is responsible for installing, repairing, overhauling, and maintaining equipment (ie: boilers, air compressors, air dryers, plumbing systems) and performing other related tasks supporting site maintenance and services. Follows current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and adheres to all appropriate Fareva, Richmond, VA. Standard operating procedures (SOP) and environmental, health and safety-related policies.
- Performs scheduled Preventive Maintenance (PM) checks and services on boilers, compressed air systems, and CPU-related equipment, singularly or as a team with other trades as assigned.
- Locates information in operator equipment manuals.
- Effectively communicates and coordinate the shutdown of equipment for maintenance. Performs routine PM tests in between scheduled PM actions to check for proper operations of CPU-related equipment.
- Services and repairs CPU equipment, boilers, compressed air systems, and critical piping throughout the facility like drains, water lines, steam, condensate.
- Follows Fareva, Richmond, VA. SOP; CPU-related manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints and other specifications; and safe practices.
- Communicates effectively with co-workers and supervises the status and concerns of critical equipment.
- Troubleshoots various CPU equipment such as plumbing equipment, boilers, compressed air systems, air dryers and building automation systems.
- Troubleshoots defective relays, controls, thermostats, switches, fuses, and other components.
- Works together as a team with other trades as assigned. Able to work assist other groups in bringing failed equipment back on line.
- Performs other CPU duties as requested by senior CPU mechanics and/or the CPU Work Group Leader including but not limited to driving company vehicles to off-site locations to obtain/deliver equipment and/or parts.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Plumbing or mechanical experience
- Virginia State Driver’s License
Skills and Abilities:
- Basic computer skills, familiar with BAS operating systems.
- Basic plumbing or mechanical skills
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary; commensurate with experience
- Benefits package available
FAREVA Richmond manufactures pharmaceutical and personal care products for a variety of customers and brands. While the FAREVA name is relatively new to the area, the Richmond plant and its 500 employees have a long history in central Virginia. We are looking for new employees to join our team as we grow our business.
Location/Region: Richmond, VA (US)