Local Growing Agribusiness seeks to fill 3 open positions: Administrative Coordinator, Warehouse Worker, and Custom Applicator.
Under general supervision, will perform all office duties at assigned location, which will include answering the phone, processing statements, and filing.
This is meant to be a general description of the position and not all-inclusive.
- Performing general office work, including filing;
- Ordering supplies and forms as necessary;
- Customer Account Management to include:
- sales order
- price books
- inventory transfers
- Generates various reports as needed
- Mail distribution
- Answers telephones
- Maintains files
- Office correspondence
- Provides administrative support to the Location Manager
- Handles accounts receivable/accounts payable
- Customer relations
- Maintains inventory control
- Assisting in new employee orientation;
- Assists with processes and customer sales questions
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Two years related experience;
- Agriculture experience or knowledge desired
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to lift 25 – 30 pounds;
- Computer literate – ARS and Microsoft Office;
- A self-starter with strong organizational skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment without sacrificing attention to detail.
To operate the warehouse forklift, liquid and dry fertilizer / chemical blends, and duties associated with servicing customers.
- To load or assist in loading trailer with materials.
- To handle company owned equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- To set up equipment.
- To be able to lift and move up to 75 pounds.
- To remove empty skids from trailer truck and carry to designated piling area.
- Creates liquid and dry fertilizer / chemical blends
- Maintains and accounts for inventory
- Provides customer service for internal and external customers
- Cross function with facility operations
- Compliance with all Safety, Environmental and Operating Standards
- Competent operation of all plant systems
- Monitors and oversees quality control of the blended product
- Interaction with Operational Manager for shop personnel hours
- Engages in Preventative Maintenance Program on equipment
- Manage incoming product
- To return and prepare equipment for next day, at each day’s end.
- This summary of job responsibilities and duties is meant to be a general description of this position and is not all-inclusive.
- Must use tact and diplomacy in dealing with customers.
- Demonstrated experience in vocational agricultural or a combination of education and work experience
- Mechanic skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, planning, problem solving, math and organizational skills
- Must be responsible with equipment and vehicles.
- To have general knowledge of warehouse procedures.
- Must be dependable, reliable, and mature enough to handle equipment safely.
As a safety-sensitive employee, must pass substance abuse screening, and subject to random and other required substance abuse screening as per company policy.
Position has dual responsibility as a certified custom applicator and a maintenance and repair specialist.
- Responsible for keeping field equipment clean and in safe operating condition.
- Responsible apply the correct amount of product to each acre and in a manner consistent with the product label.
- Establish daily acres applied expectations with management consistent with machine capabilities, operator experience, field sizes and terrain.
- Ability to crosscheck products, rates and timing effectiveness vs. targeted/non targeted pest/crops.
- Keep abreast of the dangers and hazards of products and take proper precaution.
- Complete application records as required by the Company and government regulations
Maintenance & Repair of Facility/Equipment
- Maintain the facility and repair equipment in a safe and dependable operating condition, which enhances operation efficiency and product quality.
- Maintain the rolling stock in a dependable, safe and field ready condition to build trust with our customers and minimizes repair expenses.
- Maintain the appearance of the facility, equipment and grounds to project a positive image in the community.
- Receive, ship, and maintain inventories in a professional manner.
- Develop maintenance and repair skills through management approved training programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prefer experience in Terra Gator’s and self-propelled sprayers
- Perform maintenance and repair activities as scheduled on the operations calendar or as directed by your supervisor.
- Professional self-conduct/appearance
- Learn, practice and promote the Environmental, Health, & Safety policies of our Company.
- Zero customer complaints on custom application.
- Treat customers, suppliers, and fellow employees with dignity and respect.
Location/Region: Patoka, IN