“We are innovators who make purpose-built gear for the most demanding missions.”
Our Ethos defines our culture - Trusted, Accountable, Responsive and Committed
5.11 Tactical is the fastest-growing and most well-known brand of tactical apparel, gear and functional products in the world. We are now opening 5.11 retail stores nationwide to complete the total 360-degree experience our customers crave. Our teams work closely with First Responders, Special Forces operators, industrial professionals, tactical and fitness enthusiasts around the globe to design, develop and deliver unique apparel and gear that inspires readiness.
In order to accomplish this mission, we have an exciting opportunity to manage and grow our 5.11 Tactical Retail Store Opening soon at: 7108 Midlothian Turnpike Unit W, Richmond, VA 23225. We are seeking an exceptional, service-minded, retail Store Manager who will be responsible for delivering an exceptional 5.11 brand experience, building and maintaining customer relationships while leading the retail sales team and achieving store sales goals.
- Accountable for total store and individual sales goals by establishing and overseeing plans, budgets and variable cost for store; works with comparable sales to last year, sales to budget and future trends to maximize profitability
- Accurate recording of sales figures and performs cash operational functions such as cash management to include all bank deposits and cash handling procedures and daily cash reconciliation
- Establishes, monitors and follows up on sales goals, sales plans and sales budgets to optimize profit
- Labor and payroll management including tracking and calculating monthly sales incentive rewards
- Manages merchandise processing, replenishment and recovery of sales floor according to 5.11 merchandising standards including inventory allocation and product levels
- Executes reductions, price changes, clearance and transfers
- Manages store controllable budget and expenses, ensures bills are paid in a timely manner, ordering office and store supplies, invoice reconciliation and charitable contributions
- Manage store events to ensure they are within budget, meets the event criteria and work with marketing, merchandising and sales teams in executing the event
DELIVER OVERALL BRAND EXPERIENCE
- Directs and models 5.11’s Ethos, Values, Mission and Service standards providing an elevated customer experience by being present and engaging on the floor during business hours
- Works closely with 5.11 Tactical Merchandising Team to coordinate merchandising updates, identify opportunities and develop long-term strategies
- Creates an environment that maintains a 100% focus on the customer
- Attracts, recruits, hires and trains high-caliber leadership team members and service specialists
- Ensures all team members are working together to create a positive environment and resolves issues
- Assesses team’s performance and provides feedback using both informal and formal methods
- Directs and models selling behaviors to build customer relationships and brand loyalty
- Directs and models an efficient and satisfying cash-wrap experience
- Ensures housekeeping duties are completed to maintain a neat, clean and professional store environment
- Ensures team is trained in the appropriate fitting techniques and accurately executing fittings, as well as ensures all alterations and embellishments are executed according to department specs
- Unloads delivery truck, receives, opens and unpacks merchandise and labels merchandise with security tags
- Follows and executes safety and security routines to prevent loss and guarantee employee and customer safety
- Has working knowledge and oversees use of all Company systems in store
- Manages and protects the assets of the store through implementation and close monitoring of loss prevention practices, and tracking against sales and inventory results
- Models and supports use of store tools and systems to nurture customer relationships
- Develops and guides efforts to establish relationships with local public safety organizations
- Directs Uniform Services department to meet service level commitments
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform the job successfully, an individual should have the following credentials
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree and/or 3-5 years of retail experience – apparel preferred
- Previous retail management experience required (2 yrs. Store Manager)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Ability to use a POS system
- Proven ability to provide a superior customer experience and drive customer loyalty
- Proven ability to assess talent and manage performance
- Proven business acumen with strategic and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of an organization
- Schedule flexibility to include evenings and weekends
ETHOS: At 5.11 Tactical, everyone has the opportunity to be a leader and perform in an exceptional manner. We strive to uphold our Ethos which defines our culture – Trusted, Responsive, Accountable and Committed.
- Trusted - Strive to create trust in everything we do, starting with self-trust and relationship trust. We work on the components of integrity, intent, capability and results.
- Responsive - Listen to the needs of our end-user Professionals, then develop, produce and deliver solutions to their problems. Each of us chooses to be a leader and takes charge of what is within our circle of influence.
- Accountable - Seek to achieve results with a bias for action. We like to compete and be measured against the most demanding standards to ensure our continued success.
- Committed - Overcome obstacles to accomplish our goals and support our team members when challenges arise. We complete commitments and seek to ‘over-deliver” relative to expectations.
BENEFITS: 5.11 Tactical provides a competitive salary, a full range of outstanding benefits, a great working environment built on trust and respect, with unbridled support for all of our Associates to succeed. Some of those benefits include but are not limited to:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Vision Plan
- Life Insurance
- Basic Disability
Apply online directly here:
5.11 Tactical is an Equal Opportunity Employer