The Maintenance Assistant performs semi-skilled manual tasks related to the maintenance and repair of the building and grounds, equipment, and appliances as delegated by the maintenance director.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Safely operate tools and machines commonly used in the maintenance/building trade
- Order materials as directed-place and receive phone calls
- Make repairs to building, equipment, and appliances as directed,
- Disassemble and move furniture throughout the community
- Check community maintenance logs/work orders to ensure prompt response to maintenance requests
- Perform preventative maintenance schedule as directed
- Prepare and paint surfaces in the community
- Maintain exterior grounds, which may include assisting with shoveling, landscaping, and trash collection and removal
- Perform basic electrical work, including changing light bulbs in the community
- Transport residents safely in community vehicle to appointments
- Assist with community vehicle maintenance schedule as directed
- Assist maintenance director with conducting resident safety drills
- All other duties as assigned
- Two years previous experience working in a maintenance position.
- Must have a good driving record (Copy of DMV driving record required)
- Must be knowledgeable regarding practices and materials used in building maintenance
- Must be detail oriented and have strong organizational skills to ensure completion of tasks
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions
- Ability to complete assignments thoroughly and on time
- Ability to work well with others as part of a team
- Polite and courteous to all residents, visitors, co-workers and management team
- Maintain resident confidentiality at all times
- Must be able to stand, walk, kneel, bend, grasp, push and pull for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and carry heavy objects for up to 50 feet
- Complete all required in-services in a timely manner and attend mandatory staff meetings
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that include evening, nights, weekends and holidays, Monday - Saturday 9AM-5PM
We offer a comprehensive benefit package (full time) and competitive wages! Apply Today!!
The Crossings at Bon Air's 17.6-acre retirement community campus features rental Independent & Assisted Living apartments and Harmony Square Memory Support. The Crossings at Bon Air offers a variety of housing options designed to best fit one's lifestyle preference. The Crossings at Bon Air offers a wealth of on-site amenities designed to provide residents with an active and thoroughly enjoyable lifestyle. A library, fitness center, Pub, beauty/barber salon, activity and game rooms, and elegant dining rooms are just some of the outstanding amenities that are offered.
Location/Region: Richmond, VA (US)