- Plan, organize and implement audio-visual productions involving video recording.
- Review scripts, recommends changes, and rehearses the narrator.
- Select suitable music to accompany the narration and assemble the final mix of the soundtrack.
- Perform video recording and all editing required to assemble a finished product.
- Intense knowledge of and ability to perform all aspects of video production to include scriptwriting, recording, and editing.
- Ability to create videos for DVD and other digital formats, including streaming media (must be Section 508 compliant) and provide video support for ceremonies, special events, training, etc. sometimes using multiple cameras and going on location.
- Edit and author videos for DVD mastering.
- Duplicate video DVDs.
- Troubleshoot, operate and maintain High Definition video recording and playback equipment.
- Schedule time for shots, area of shooting, best background for topic and audio.
- Determine shots and voiceovers to be used in the event of gaps in the scripts.
- Resolve differences regarding technical or artistic considerations and coordinate work with contractors, camera operations, actors, editors and others making sure work conforms to contract policy.
- Adhere to and check industry standards related to all aspects of multimedia.
- Provide video production services, including the recording, editing, and rendering of multisegment TV-news styled programs, prerecorded and edited training videos, one-take webcasts, live studio broadcasts, and a host of other video production services.
- Create video files for segments and entire productions which meet or exceed quality specifications and web standards, and initialize the files for web posting.
- Conduct preliminary audience analysis and work with the client directly to provide input needed to prepare an outline, storyboard, and final script.
- Generate and prepare all correspondence required for script research visits, and serves as scriptwriter/editor when needed.
- Use a variety of lighting equipment and techniques (including but not limited to: use of reflector for location shoots) to properly light both studio and remote location photography.
- Produce high resolution digital files of still images in various formats as specified by individual clients relative to authorized productions.
- Direct and support live events and multi-camera video shoots, both on and offsite.
- Discuss technical production requirements with other team members, relevant client POC's, and PM in order to customize each situation according to a detailed client request.
- Schedule location shoots and prioritize work for each client based on workload. Communicate work schedule to Program Manager for team visibility.
- Complete various media duplication requirements by prescribed deadlines (including but not limited to: DVD's, CD's, file conversions and transfers).
- Operate, troubleshoot, and maintain High Definition video recording and playback equipment.
- Determine shots and voiceovers to be used in the event of gaps in scripts.
- Create custom graphics and 2D animation as needed.
- Work independently. Demonstrate excellent customer service. Perform other duties as assigned.
Work experience and other requirements:
- Proficiency with non-linear video editing software and videography. Graphics and 2D/3D animation experience is preferred.
- Live production and/or event support experience is preferred.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent; or, 3 to 5 years relevant experience.
Tec-Masters, Inc (TMI) has a robust benefits package for full time employees. TMI offers Healthcare, dental, vision, and basic life insurance to full time employees. We also offer long term and short term disability, supplemental life insurance, supplemental health care, and a Flexible Spending Account. We provide a 401(K) Plan and a Safe Harbor Match. Full time employees are provided 11 Paid Holidays, 120 hours to use for Vacation/Sick/Personnel Business, and tuition assistance of $3,500 per year.
TMI is a certified ISO-9001, Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Level 3 appraised, and Six Sigma certified minority owned Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB). Founded in 1988, TMI has provided innovative, robust, and unsurpassed dedication to training, training development, analysis, experimentation, IT, engineering, logistics support, multimedia, and management services to our client base. TMI is headquartered in Huntsville, Alabama with major offices in Lawton, OK; Orlando, FL; Atlanta, GA; and Washington, DC.
Location/Region: Richmond, VA (US)