Process Engineer Summary:
Process Engineer plans and coordinates production procedures in industrial plants, with primary focus on increasing efficiencies of production units. The process engineer provides manufacturing solutions, improvement to optimize existing processes and develop new process technologies.
Process Engineer Responsibilities:
- Plan and establish sequence of operations to fabricate and assemble parts or products and to promote efficient utilization
- Review production schedules, engineering specifications, orders, and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures and activities
- Provide technical expertise in material selection and specification, machining processes and development of appropriate analytical testing
- Estimate productions costs, cost saving methods, and the effects of product design changes on expenditures for management review, action and control
- Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency, using design tools and computer
- Coordinate and implement quality control objectives, activities, or procedures to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability, or minimize costs
- Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, materials and utilities;
- Develop improvements in manufacturing processes which reduce scrap costs, reduce process cost and provide for more efficient use of material
- Confer with clients, vendors, staff and management personnel regarding purchases, product and production specifications, manufacturing capabilities, or project status
- Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, staff requirements, and production standards
- Work with Engineering Design and process improvement teams in continuous improvement effort in Machine Design Engineering
- Ensure good documentation practice is followed to meet quality system requirements
Process Engineer Required Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline - Mechanical, Industrial, Chemical, Metallurgical / Materials
- 5+ years of experience in process engineering in development of industrial products.
- Experience with tool design, metallurgy, heat setting, and automation preferred.
TriMech Services is an engineering resource provider specializing in the placement of qualified technical candidates for both temporary and direct hire opportunities. TriMech Services offers a unique approach to matching the specialized skillsets of our candidates to the engineering specific industry.
Location/Region: Richmond, VA (US)