To provide nursing care to residents as prescribed by the physician and in accordance with standards of nursing practices and regulations, and as may be directed by the Director of Nursing or Nursing Department Managers; and in doing so, to supervise licensed and non-professional nursing staff in the delivery of direct resident care and support functions.
Essential Job Functions
- Supervise Nursing Assistants
- Nursing Care
- Drug Administration and Documentation Function
- Residents’ Rights Function
- Assessment and Care Plan Functions
- Staff Development
- Safety and Infection Control Function
- Quality Improvement Function
- Must be a registered nurse (RN) or LVN/LPN in good standing and currently licensed by the State.
- Completion of secondary education or otherwise show ability to read and write in legible and understandable manner.
- Must have the ability to relate positively and favorably to residents and families and to work cooperatively with the other associates at all levels.
- Must maintain regular attendance.
- Must meet all local health regulations, and pass post-employment physical exam if required. This requirement also includes a criminal background investigation and reference inquiry.
- Must be capable of performing the Essential Job Functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodations