CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (CNA)
To provide non-professional direct resident care duties under the supervision of Licensed Nursing personnel and to assist in maintaining a positive physical and psychosocial environment for the residents.
- Personal Care, Nursing Care, and Food Service Functions
- Safety and Infection Control Functions
- In-service Functions
- Residents’ Rights Function
- Support Function - Assists in admission, transfer and discharge of residents.
- Staff Development Function - Attends and participates in training, educational activities and staff meetings; assists in orientation and training other staff.
- Quality Improvement Function - Participates in Quality Improvement activities as assigned.
- Must be a Certified Nursing Assistant in good standing with the State or must within four (4) months of employment have completed State required training and a competency evaluation program.
- Must have the ability to read, write and follow oral and written directions at a level necessary to accomplish the job.
- Must have the ability to relate positively and favorably to residents and families and to work cooperatively with the other associates at all levels.
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance.
- Must meet all local health regulations, and pass post-employment physical exam if required. This requirement also includes a criminal background investigation and reference inquiry.
- Must be able to perform the Essential Job Functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations