Under the supervision of the Executive Housekeeper and/or their designee, the Housekeeper is primarily responsible for the daily cleanliness and sanitation of all assigned common areas, hallways, residential units, rest rooms, dining rooms, offices and furniture in accordance with federal, state and local standards and guidelines, and as may be directed by the Executive Housekeeper and/or their designee, to assure that the highest degree of quality resident care is maintained at all times.
- Performs general cleaning duties consisting of cleaning ceilings, vents, exhaust fans, light fixtures, windows, mirrors, drapes, walls, doors, cove base, tile floors, carpets, showers, bathtubs, sinks, toilets, curtains, furniture, refrigerators, waste containers, cleaning equipment, cleaning carts, elevators, handrails, telephones, televisions and stairs.
- Keeps all housekeeping storage facilities in a clean, organized manner.
- Informs the Executive Housekeeper of any problems or concerns related to the department.
- Attends all scheduled in-services and meetings. Stays current with Medline University and other continuing education requirements as applicable to the Health Care Center and Assisted Living areas.
- Learns and abides by policies as set forth in the Brandermill Woods Employee Handbook.
- Attendance must be regular and consistent.
- Must be able to read, write and follow written and verbal directions.
- High School education or GED preferred, but not required.
- Position requires a minimum of one to three years experience in housekeeping, preferably in a hospitality or health care environment.
Uniforms are provided by Brandermill Woods and are laundered by our uniform vendor.