If you want a career, not just a job, keep reading. Legend Property Group is filling this job because of company growth. It’s a chance to join one of Richmond’s finest locally-owned and operated, residential property management companies. Primary assignments call for servicing a growing inventory of 1200+ beautiful, residential units in/around the Richmond metro area, with occasional work assignments being dispatched to the client’s cool, clean, unique residential units in the cities of Petersburg and Hopewell.
This company is only interested in hiring a professional Maintenance Technician who is committed to their trade; someone who has an interest in learning/improving their skills and providing first-class customer service when dealing with residents, vendors and other company employees.
As a valuable member of the maintenance/operations team, the person selected for this job is required to be part of the “on call” rotation every 5th or 6th week.
Essential Job Functions:
o Replace and rebuild toilets
o Replace and rebuild faucets
o Replace and rebuild shower diverters
o Replace shower heads
o Diagnose hot water heater problems
o Replace and unjam garbage disposals
o Unclog drains and use a snake or auger
o Replace and repair fixtures
o Replace and diagnose problems with basic wiring
o Diagnose and replace breaker issues
o Basic garage door openers diagnosis
o Replace switches, outlets, ceiling lights, ceiling fans
- Drywall repair
o Ability to repair and patch drywall when needed
o Touch ups in common areas and units as needed
o Full apartment and common area paints as needed
- Appliance Repair
o Diagnosis and repair of all appliances including but not limited to dishwashers, washer, dryer, refrigerator, range,
o Assist in removal of any and all furniture left on premises whether in apartment or on property
o everyone is responsible for picking up trash as needed
o Landscaping as needed
o Preparing for inclement weather by consulting Maintenance Manager to determine if pre-treating is necessary. Removal of ice and snow with shovels and/or snow blowers and spread ice melt (Mandatory).
- Cleaning and Housekeeping
o Maintain clean workspace (van, storage closets, maintenance shop etc,)
o Keep close communication with Property Manager to plan for unit turns, vacants, and long term property needs
o Clean apartments for turns as needed
- Subcontractor Management
o Get approval from Maintenance Manager to sub out unit turns and cleaning
o Once approved, manage and supervise subcontractors to ensure work is getting done as needed
- Customer Service
o Prompt and courteous correspondence with tenants when scheduling and providing maintenance services at all times
o Leaving Maintenance hang tags on unit doors with brief description of work and if a follow up visit is necessary after every maintenance appointment
o Following proper procedure when entering and working in occupied units to ensure safety and professionalism
- Time management
o Complete all maintenance requests in a timely manner and in the order by which they were received or by level of urgency
o Have working knowledge of systems and ability to diagnose and minor repairs
o General knowledge of all pool equipment and chemicals
- Ability to utilize technology to receive, analyze, and complete work tickets. Proficiency in Yardi Maintenance is preferred.
- Maintain vehicle appearance and maintenance
- Maintain and keep track of all company tools and equipment and promptly return to designated area
- Special Projects
o coordinate large jobs and special projects with maintenance manager
- On Call Duties
o responsible for 24hr on call rotation on weekly basis
o respond to emergency calls within one hour
o Ability to use best judgment when determining if a ticket is an emergency
- Assist and train all Porters and or other Maintenance techs with all aspects of the job as needed.
- Time management: The ability to prioritize, organize work efficiently, and make productive use of all time to ensure all essential tasks are completed.
- Adaptability: The ability to accept changes in work environment, manage competing demands, and deal with delays or unexpected events.
- Communication and contact: The ability to communicate respectfully and effectively with superiors, colleagues, and residents alike.
- Ability to work under pressure and at a fast pace when demand is needed
- High attention to detail
- Ability to lift and carry 50lbs
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions
- Valid Driver’s License
- Reliable transportation
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Have and maintain a driving record that is deemed acceptable by the company’s insurance carrier to drive a company vehicle
- Maintenance certifications relevant to the job are preferred but not necessary
In addition to having a fun and friendly work environment, our client offers a full complement of employee benefits including health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability protection, vision insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, free parking in designated lot, and a 401K (where the company matches a defined percentage of the associate's contributions to help fund retirement savings!).
To be considered for this position, please provide:
- Your resume
- Your current hourly rate/salary
- Your desired hourly rate/salary for this position.
Resumes are requested immediately. This position will remain open until filled.
This company reserves the right to alter, change, modify and/or terminate this job posting at any time without advance notice, or obligation, to any party.
Legend Property Group is the in-house property management and leasing company for The Monument Companies, Inc. headquartered in Richmond, VA. Visit the company's websites at www.themonumentcompanies.com and www.legendpropertygroup.com.