DMA Floors is the leading commercial floor covering company in Va. We are currently hiring for the position of Field Superintendent. You don’t need direct industry experience but you definitely need to be able to work autonomously, juggle priorities and organize details around multiple projects and their schedules. At DMA our Superintendents are jointly responsible with the Project Manager for the overall success of each project. As Superintendent you will provide continuous hands-on field supervision job operations. You will supervise in house employees and subcontractor installers. This includes directing them in the planning, scheduling, and execution of our work primarily on commercial job sites. You will be responsible to track and manage the schedule, budget and quality of workmanship. The Superintendent takes point in providing the scheduling with GC’s / Owners rep to insure each project is completed in a timely manner while making sure high a high degree of safety is provided in the work site.
- Uphold company safety standards
- Supervise, train and evaluate the performance of team members
- Work with customers on-site to ensure satisfaction
- Study plans, materials and equipment needed prior to on-site installation
- Ensure the timely submittal and accuracy of Daily reports, payroll sheets and job reports.
- The Superintendent coordinates all site construction activities and supervises all field personnel to successfully complete the job on schedule and within budget. Projects are time-sensitive so multi-tasking is necessary to effectively complete daily tasks.
- Prepare and administer disciplinary actions
- High school or equivalent
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree Preferred
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Computer proficient
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Able to lift-up to 90Ibs
- Background checks will be conducted
- Bilingual (Spanish/ English) a plus
- OSHA training or certification a plus
- Valid Driver License with good driving record mandatory
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2-4 years of leadership experience, preferably in an industry that requires labor intensive work
- Ability to delegate tasks well and ensure they are completed
- Working knowledge of the construction industry is required including reading plans/layouts/prints
DMA Floors is a full service commercial flooring company servicing the Commonwealth of Va.
Location/Region: Richmond, VA (US)