We are seeking a CDL Ready Mix Truck Driver Operator *Local Hauls Only* to join our team!
- Safely and efficiently transporting ready mix concrete products from batch and unloading per customer specifications.
- Safely drives a loaded truck to the destination on delivery ticket and inspects job site upon arrival.
- Communicate and receive instructions from dispatch
- Inspect truck before and after trip
- Positions truck under the batch plant in order to be loaded by Batch Plant Operator.
- Rinses chutes and rear of the truck to ensure the absence of excess concrete.
- Maintains proper slump (water content) of ready mix concrete (training will be given).
- Must be willing to work a rotating schedule with varying shifts and adhere to established start times.
- Candidates must maintain a valid Class “A” or Class “B” commercial driver’s license.
- Excellent defensive driving skills and the ability to maintain satisfactory customer and public relations
- Driving record must not contain convictions of any of the disqualifying offenses as set forth in 383.51 of the Federal Motor Carrier Regulations within the previous 7 years (reckless driving, DUI, leaving the scene of an accident, CMV Felony, etc.)
- Ability to handle physical workload no more than 20 pounds
- Strong work ethic
Vulcan Materials Company is the nation's largest producer of construction aggregates- primarily crushed stone, sand and gravel- and a major producer of aggregates-based construction materials, including asphalt and ready-mixed concrete. Our coast-to-coast footprint and strategic distribution network align with and serve the nation's growth centers. We are headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Vulcan has 344 sites that produce construction aggregates, and over 100 facilities that produce asphalt and/or concrete, which also consume aggregates. All of these are located in the U.S. except for our large quarry and marine terminal on Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. The products from this facility are primarily exported by ship to the U.S. Gulf Coast, where quality stone cannot be mined locally.
Location/Region: Richmond, VA (US)