Filter Products Company, a growing, Richmond-based manufacturer and distributor of industrial filtration media and equipment, is looking for additional qualified commercial sewing and cutting production workers for full-time employment. First shift available.
Qualified candidates should be able to:
- Operate various industrial sewing equipment and have a thorough understanding of industrial sewing equipment, and stitch types.
- Perform basic machine setup and maintenance to achieve proper stitch configuration, including: thread and bobbin loading, needle replacement, foot and guide adjustment, stitch length and differential feed adjustments.
- Make patterns, prototypes, and perform custom fabric cutting operations.
- Sit or stand for the duration of a work day.
- Occasionally pick up and move up materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Inspect products and verify quality.
- Work independently with minimal supervision beyond initial training and be highly self-motivated.
- Participate in, and promote teamwork and process improvement activities.
- Teach co-workers about commercial sewing and potentially train future co-workers.
- Perform other manufacturing and warehousing tasks, and other duties as assigned.
Candidates must have a high school diploma or GED, and while post-secondary education or professional training programs are not required, candidates with additional qualifications should highlight these accomplishments in their application. A valid driver's license is required.
Experience using computers and software applications is preferred, but not required.
Since 1959, Filter Products Company, provided quality products, exceptional value, and unparalleled customer service to it's industrial, commercial, and government customers. With product lines and expertise to solve any filtration need, Filter Products is a growing, innovation leader! We are looking for energetic, hard working team members that want to grow with us!
Location/Region: Richmond, VA (US)