ELECTRICIAN – COMMERICAL/INDUSTRIAL (RVA)
We are currently seeking a career-minded and experienced Master or Journeyman Electrician who can join our team for installation and service to our customers in commercial and industrial environments. This Electrician will support wiring and other electrical operations related to retrofit and new construction projects, installations, equipment replacements and other related projects throughout the Central Virginia area.
Ideal candidate is company orientated; has a professional appearance and demeanor in working with customers; and further the image of the company by integrity, safety, efficiency and quality of work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform installation, repair and maintenance of electrical equipment, systems and components
- Installation of conduit, cable trays, raceways, wiring and other associated electrical equipment
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings, layouts and specifications
- Plan and layout new and modified installations, repair wiring, electrical fixtures, apparatus, and control equipment
- Plan and maintain necessary supplies to efficiently complete work in a timely manner
- Manage time, material and manpower throughout project
- Manage work orders, sign-offs, daily log/journal and project documentation
- Maintain accountability of property, including tools, equipment and vehicles
- Perform service work when needed
- Possess critical thinking skills including planning, problem solving, attention to detail and quality
- Be able to communicate well with customers verbally and written communication
- Must possess Virginia Master or Journeyman Electrician License
- Reliable transportation and clean driving record
- Able to pass background checks and drug testing
- Working standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring or electrical equipment
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment and materials common to the electrical trade
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code, and other local electrical codes, standards and regulations
- Experience and knowledge of electrical applications, permits, electrical service & maintenance
- Demonstrates leadership skills
- Communicates and works well with other team members
- Willing and able to provide training and nurture other employees in their growth and understanding of electrical trade
- Reliable transportation
We have flexibility on how the role for this new person might evolve in the future and would be dependent on the personal interests of the person and how those interests align with our needs as a relatively small, but growing company. For example, assist with work in sales, estimating and customer relations for our customers and potential customers.
If this position sounds like something you are interested in exploring with us for a long-term partnership, please send your summary of qualifications and/or complete resume with references and salary requirements for our consideration.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a background verification and drug test.