A leading manufacturer of architectural millwork and casework in the South East is looking to supplement its manufacturing team with a knowledgeable and conscientious multi-department foreman.
The panel processing foreman role is a full-time working and supervisory position that oversees the fabrication of casework, paneling, and countertop products by directly supervising machine operators, troubleshooting production packages, and regularly operating CNC machines to ensure timely batch delivery.
- Supervise the machining, countertop and assembly departments activities
- Report departments’ status to the Production Manager on demand
- Ensure work orders are completed in a timely manner
- Analyze production packages to anticipate and reduce rework situations
- Track work orders’ progress and promptly report issues and completions
- Report production package status to the Production Manager on demand
- Disseminate information and ensure that team members comprehend all project aspects
- Track employee hours and project assignment in ERP software
- Train and mentor machine operators
- Implement and track cross training program for operators
- Maintain team morale and cohesion
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years’ experience with architectural millwork fabrication, specifically panel processing CNC machines
- Supervisory experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of wood, laminate, and acrylic sheet good materials
- Ability to manage production flow to meet goals set by management
- Willing and able to operate machines as needed
- Leadership ability to foster a team attitude
- Some experience with ERP software a plus
- Ability to read architectural shop drawings
Submit resume and salary requirements
In operation since 1987, Blair Dumond Inc. is a leading manufacturer and installer of custom architectural woodwork in the mid-Atlantic region. Certified by the Architectural Woodwork Institute (AWI) for all grades of cabinetry, Blair Dumond’s products include laminate and wood casework as well as architectural millwork, paneling, and moulding for commercial and institutional applications.
Using CNC equipment and automated processes, our Richmond plant has the capacity for large volume orders as well as the flexibility to produce unique custom items. Our in-house engineering department complements our highly-skilled project management team – ensuring products and installation crews are at the site to meet schedule.
Location/Region: Richmond, VA (US)