The Nautical Group is a retained executive search firm partnering with clients to identify and recruit outstanding individuals capable of serving key disciplines at the executive level.
Our firm has been retained by National Speed Inc. to conduct a search for their next General Manager (GM). National Speed, based in Wilmington, NC, operates state-of-the-art performance auto shops. This GM position will be based at the company’s coming location in Richmond, VA. The Richmond store is the second location for National Speed, and part of a large-scale growth plan.
The GM’s primary responsibility is to ensure that National Speed is delivering an excellent customer experience, while driving a positive culture and providing an excellent work environment for team members. A successful candidate must be able to lead, communicate, solve problems, and drive profitability.
The General Manager’s work performance is ultimately measured by the performance of their team. Ensuring the entire team is performing within their performance metrics and positively contributing to the culture, finances are properly managed, and customer surveys align with an excellent customer experience, the General Manager will ensure success for their National Speed location.
Managing the Team
- Building and maintaining a team of “A” players that align with National Speed’s personnel model
- Reviewing performance metrics, customer survey responses, and upcoming items
- Providing the necessary guidance, communication, and resources necessary for team members to operate efficiently, effectively, and to grow
- Overseeing an Assistant GM - Cross-train the Assistant GM to perform the GM’s duties in case of absences
- Scheduling and managing customer projects
Communicating with customers and managing customer expectations
- Ensuring that the customer’s expectation for time (for both work to begin, and when the car will be ready for delivery), cost, and result are properly set and met – and reset if they change
Ensuring individual and team performance and sales goals are met
Meeting required cashflow goals to ensure the success of their National Speed
When necessary, stepping in to aid the sales effort
Experience and Qualifications:
Thorough knowledge of performance automotive industry with five (5) to eight (8) years of experience
Past managerial experience
Excellent communication and customer service skills
Additional Experience Requirements:
Detailed-oriented, organized leader
Effective at identifying, responding to, and solving problems