Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist Project Manager with evaluation, design, and inspection of onsite sewage systems.
- Prepare reports and complete paperwork related to permitting and inspection of onsite sewage systems.
- Communicate appropriate information via telephone, text, and email with clients, regulators, and co-workers.
- Set up and maintain job files which includes acquiring job specific information from various sources.
- Inspect conventional and alternative onsite sewage systems for real estate transactions.
- Start-up conventional and alternative onsite sewage systems.
- Enter data related to operation, maintenance, and inspection reports.
- Learn, interpret and apply environmental health laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Provide logistical support for construction, operation, and maintenance team.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Knowledge of geology, soils, hydraulics, microbiology, residential and commercial construction.
- Ability to traverse remote property to evaluate landscapes and collect relevant site and soil information.
- Ability to function as a team player using tactful and clear communication, written and verbal, to diverse people.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and assertive.
- Ability to analyze and compile information, and communicate results.
- Must be proficient with computers and smart phones including but not limited to Microsoft Office and internet.
- Position requires moderately strenuous physical labor, working outdoors during all seasons of the year.
- Must be able to obtain DPOR Master Conventional Onsite Soil Evaluator license within 36 months of employment or Master Alternative Onsite Soil Evaluator license within 48 months of employment.
- Must have and maintain a valid VA driver’s license and have a good driving record.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental health, environmental science, biology, geology, or related science or equivalent work experience.
- Computer-aided drafting and experience towards conventional or alternative onsite evaluator license is a plus.
- Knowledge of electrical circuits and plumbing, or construction experience.
The Lyttle Companies began as a local plumbing company which today includes all facets of the water and sewer infrastructure industry. From residential repairs to the largest of municipal wastewater projects, Lyttle maintains its local community-based values as it builds influence to cover the entire Atlantic seaboard.