We’re looking for amazing people! Come join VHDA as a Maintenance Supervisor. VHDA is currently seeking a Maintenance Supervisor to work in occupied professional office environments as well as in unoccupied mechanical areas. The Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for facilities management of the 160,000 square foot headquarters building in downtown Richmond and the 45,000 square foot office and meeting facility in Innsbrook. Two maintenance technicians will report to the position.
We are seeking a highly skilled individual in commercial service contracting and/or facility maintenance with several years of experience in:
- Building Automation Systems and controls (Tridium BAS preferred)
- Commercial electrical troubleshooting and repairs
- Commercial HVAC troubleshooting and repairs
- Commercial plumbing, boiler and hot water tank troubleshooting and repairs
- Fire alarm system troubleshooting and repairs
- Commercial fire suppression system troubleshooting and repairs
- Hardware to include door closures, locksets, and cabinetry hinges, nuts and bolts
- Painting / sheetrock repair / carpet repairs
The successful candidate will be a team player with proven dependability, will agree to work an on-call rotation and be able to work both scheduled and unscheduled weekends. Additionally, will have the demonstrated ability to read blueprints, instruct contractual vendor maintenance providers, interact with associates in a respectful and courteous manner, and work independently with general supervision of VHDA’s Support Services Manager. This is an extremely physical job with walking, climbing, lifting furniture and crawling on a daily basis.Additional experience should include:
- Experience and demonstrated ability to supervise a team by training, scheduling, counseling, reviewing performance and communicating job expectations is required.
- Experience in partnership with UPS, generator repairs, Dominion Power requirements and associated wiring for emergency situations
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office is required.
VHDA strongly desires a candidate with a Virginia state tradesman certificate in at least Journeyman Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning or similar certification with commercial facility experience. Candidate must have a current driver’s license in good standing.
VHDA is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at: http://www.vhda.com/careers
This position will remain open until filled.
Hiring Range: $63,671 - $82,771
Background, credit, and driving record checks will be performed as a condition of employment.
About this company
Since our creation in 1972 by the Virginia General Assembly, VHDA has helped Virginians attain quality, affordable housing through public-private partnerships with local governments, community service organizations, lenders, developers and others. We provide mortgages for first-time homebuyers, as well as financing for apartment communities and neighborhood revitalization efforts. We teach free homebuyer classes, support housing counseling, and help people with disabilities and the elderly make their homes more livable. We also administer the federal Housing Choice Voucher and Housing Credit programs in Virginia. VHDA is self-supporting and receives no state taxpayer dollars to fund its programs. Instead, we raise money in the capital markets, and we contribute a significant portion of our net revenues each year to help meet Virginia’s housing needs.
Since our founding, VHDA has committed financing for more than 182,000 single family homes and 144,000 multifamily units.
Location/Region: Richmond, VA (US - 23219)