ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
No self-storage experience? No problem! Our two week paid training program will provide you with the tools to become an effective Customer Service Representative with AAAA Self Storage Management Group.We are currently looking for a highly motivated, energetic, friendly, positive attitude, sales oriented individual for a management position in the Richmond area. We are looking for individuals who enjoy customer interaction, who will take pride in the appearance and curb appeal of their facility, and who are passionate about the needs of others.You must be able to market our products and services by telephone, walk-ins as well as outside the office. Some understanding of computers is required but we are primarily looking for sharp, articulate, customer service oriented managers.
The AAAA Self Storage Management Group offers a unique environment that fosters individual growth and rewards performance. Employees are encouraged to take responsibility for their own careers. You'll be working with a visible and accessible management team.
Help The AAAA Self Storage Management Group continue its leadership role in the self storage industry by acting as an Assistant Manager who markets to our commercial and consumer customer base; establishes rental rates; contracts with tenants; collects rents; oversees maintenance of the facility and systems; monitors facility security and enforces company policies and procedures.
- Promotes excellence by providing superior service to each customer whether in person or on the phone.
- Understands the importance of adhering to scheduling and attendance requirements and can be trusted to handle a high level of responsibility.
- We are looking for outstanding people with a passion for sales. An ability to understand customer needs, recommend the right storage solutions and identify cross selling opportunities are key requirements of the role.
- Willing to work in an environment where the positive results of hard work and perseverance are measured and rewarded.
- Uses superior customer-oriented telephone etiquette to get information and set up the sale. Greets walk-ins and callers, establishes rapport, projects professional tone, handles complaints, and records statistics on each call.
- Has a superior organizational skill. Keeps files and work area organized. Exhibits meticulous attention to detail. Is committed to producing accurate and high-quality work.
- Articulates ideas clearly and concisely. Can make effective sales presentations to customers.
- Understands the importance of identifying competitors and knowing the strengths and weaknesses of their products. Can explain our product features and benefits in a way that will differentiate us from the competition.
- Demonstrates strong work ethic. Uses time productively to accomplish challenging work goals. Develops efficient work methods.
- Knows how to close the sale by addressing customer concerns, demonstrating empathy, and consistently moving the customer towards commitment.
- Enjoys developing new account prospects through networking and referrals.
- Self-motivated. Highly productive with minimal guidance or supervision.
- Presents a professional, positive image that reflects well on the organization.
$11.00 - $13.00 an hour
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Nicholson Companies is a full service self storage management and development company incorporated in Virginia in May 1962 and wholly owned by Tom Nicholson, III. The Nicholson Companies has been and continues to be involved in developing, building and purchasing self storage facilities and providing management/consulting services to the owners of self storage facilities from Virginia to Florida. The Nicholson Companies developed the first self-storage facility in the State of Virginia in 1973 and was named by the Self Storage Association as one of the nation's top 20 Operators again in 2010.
The AAAA Self Storage Management Group, a Nicholson Companies affiliate, currently provides management/consulting services to the owners of over 50 facilities throughout Virginia and south to Florida, containing in the aggregate over 3,000,000 square feet of space and representing over $200,000,000 in value. Most of our management accounts take advantage of the brand recognition offered by utilizing our "AAAA Self Storage" trade name.
The AAAA Self Management Group corporate offices are located at 819 West Little Creek Road in Norfolk, Virginia. Management personnel monitor rental activities, turnover of rental units, cash transactions, deposits, bank reconciliation, operating expenses, property maintenance, manager and facility performance on a weekly, monthly and year-to-date basis. We provide advice and assistance in analyzing any aspect of self-storage development, management and ownership to our clients.
For more information please visit our website at www.thenicholsoncompanies.com.
*We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and reference checks. Smoke-free workplace.*