Our high paced GM team is currently in need of a Parts Manager.
As a Parts Manager you will be responsible for running a profitable and efficient parts department. The Parts Manager will accomplish objectives through the use of proper purchasing procedures, inventory control, staff utilization, security, pricing, merchandising, displaying, and advertising. The Parts Manager must be an investment advisor and profit producer while delivering excellent associate and customer experiences. This is a full-time position with some weekend work required. Essential Duties:
- Genuine desire to “do more.”
- Forecast goals and objectives for the department and strive to meet them.
- Strive for harmony and teamwork with all other departments.
- Work with the Service Manager to ensure a timely turnaround of parts needed for internal jobs.
- Prepare and administer an annual operating budget for the parts department.
- Attend and participate in managers' meetings.
- Understand, keep abreast of, and comply with federal, state, and local regulations that may affect parts sales.
- Hire, train, motivate, counsel, and monitor the performance of all parts department staff.
- Direct and schedule the activities of all parts department employees.
- Provide technical assistance to parts department employees.
- Conduct meetings with parts department employees to discuss activities and problems of mutual interest and to develop strategies for a more efficient operation.
- Monitor parts department employees' payroll records.
- Develop, enforce and monitor guidelines for working with customers to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
- Handle customer complaints immediately and according to the dealership's guidelines.
- Establish and enforce a pricing policy that balances volume, customer loyalty, and the cost of doing business.
- Administer and maintain a balanced inventory consistent with the requirements of the manufacturer.
- Ensure inventory is appropriate to meet customer demand while controlling obsolete and excess inventory.
- Ensure full compliance with manufacturer parts and warranty policies, procedures and rules.
We will provide you the foundation to be the best:
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Strong GM Parts knowledge.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- Two years of supervisory experience.
- Five years of experience in an automotive parts department.
- Excellent communication and managerial skills.
- Some sales experience.
- CDK Software experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to operate the department profitably within dealership guidelines.
- Professional personal appearance.
- Full-time associates earn ownership in our company through a unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Competitive Wages
- State-of-the art facilities with the latest equipment
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time-off
- Associate discounts on vehicle purchases, parts and service
Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunities for all associates and applicants of employment. We hire, train, promote, and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional aptitude without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. EOE/D/V