Paper Product Manufacturing Grave Shift Supervisor
Growing manufacturer has an immediate opening for motivated Grave Shift Supervisor in the Woodland, Washington area. (11:45pm – 8:15am)
Lead operating personnel in the manufacturing of products in way that safety rules, product specifications, and company policies are followed to meet needs of the customer in a cost effective manner, while working towards continuous improvement.
• Willing to work any shift.
• Proficiency in basic arithmetic.
• Mechanical skills necessary to learn converting equipment and maintain equipment in a safe and great condition.
• Ability to effectively manage time, meet deadlines and coordinate work functions with fellow workers. Organized.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment.
• Leadership skills.
• Team player, dependable, flexible and self managed.
• Good communication and organization skills. Able to communicate verbally or in writing with multiple levels of the organization.
• Adaptive and quick learner of computer programs and systems.
• Be able to lift 50 pounds.
• Be able to stand for extended periods of time during shift.
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
• Communicate well with other supervisors, operations, and appropriate office personnel.
• Coordinate with maintenance and other departments for feedback on the functionality of machinery and equipment.
• Support and apply APC new computer system for production activities and equipment maintenance.
• Efficiently and accurately troubleshoot sources of problems.
• Lead operations personnel in continuous improvement using lean manufacturing principles.
• Maintain safe, clean and organized working environment by enforcing and complying with policies and procedures.
• Ensure all operators and quality inspectors are meeting quality expectations. Perform quality checks at regular intervals ensure products meet specification.
• Evaluate the performance of operations personnel and take corrective action, including disciplinary activities and assignment of further training when necessary.
• Assist with the hiring of new employees. Including the selection/evaluation of quality inspectors training to be operators.
• Oversee training of new employees.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• 2+ years of experience in production supervision.
• Compensation DOE
• Grave Shift 11:45 pm – 8:15 am
• Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
• Retirement plan
• Excellent work environment
The above list of job responsibilities and company expectations is intended to be a guide and is not intended to be all-inclusive. From time to time additions or deletions to the job requirements, performance and expectations may be made.
At American Paper Converting, Inc. (APC) we manufacture bathroom tissue, facial tissue and paper towel products. We are now servicing national accounts from Woodland, WA and Richmond, VA. APC was founded in 1997 to be a flexible and innovative supplier of towel and tissue to janitorial and food service distributors.