The Health & Civilian Solutions division of GDIT has an exciting opportunity for a Senior HR Business Partner to support our call center operations in Chester, Virginia. The Senior HR Business Partner will administer the human resources activities for an office, Section or Program within a Division.
- Administers human resources activities for a large office, group, sector or section within a Division, ensuring compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Performs a variety of complex, professional level tasks in multiple functional areas of HR, including benefits, compensation, recruiting, professional development, and employee relations.
- Acts as a liaison between employees and HQ HR staff.
- Prepares Personnel Action Notices (PANs) and enters data into PeopleSoft.
- Designs and runs queries and prepares various reports as requested by management.
- Provides guidance to managers regarding HR issues.
- May facilitate new hire orientation sessions.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced HR staff.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant human resources procedures and practices, and relevant labor laws.
- Travel to company locations and client sites may be required.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Bachelors Degree in a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
- Professional Certification (PHR, SPHR) preferred.
- 5-8 years of related human resources experience is required
- Strong proficiency in Excel is required (handling pivot tables, etc.)
- Experience with HRIS database products is required; PeopleSoft preferred
- Experience supporting a high volume employee population is required
- Call center experience is strongly preferred
- Government contracting experience is strongly preferred
General Dynamics is a global aerospace and defense company. From Gulfstream business jets to submarines to wheeled combat vehicles to communications systems, people around the world depend on our products and services for their safety and security. Headquartered in Falls Church, Virginia, General Dynamics is led by Phebe Novakovic. The company employs thousands of people, with locations in 43 countries. At the heart of our company are our employees. We rely on their intimate knowledge of customer requirements and a unique blend of skill and innovation to develop and produce the best possible products and services.The driver that makes our company agile, and ensures our continued performance, is our culture of continuous improvement. This culture enforces a shared commitment to consistently look toward the future and to embrace change.
Location/Region: Chester, VA (US)