PCG Educational Partnerships (University Instructors) is currently seeking seasoned English Instructors in Richmond, VA. These part-time/temporary positions will assist K-12 English students with some supplemental support within ESL; by ensuring they are able to reach proficient achievement levels on state tests and be successful in English classrooms.
Duties May Include:
- Provide instruction that is consistent and coordinated with the district’s/school’s instructional program so as to ensure that students meet and exceed learning targets
- Address all aspects of communication through appropriate instruction that develops each student’s ability to read, write, speak, and listen in the appropriate content area
- Administer academic and language assessments for the purpose of evaluating student progress for meeting academic learning targets and progress in language acquisition
- Maintain complete and accurate records of student progress and evidence of growth and progress
- Provide a nurturing and supportive learning environment that encourages student responsibility
- Adapt curriculum to provide individual, small group, and/or remedial instruction as to meet the needs of individual students and subgroups of students
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior required to run an orderly and productive classroom environment
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and strategies to meet different aptitudes and interests of students
Basic Minimum Requirements:
- Outstanding personal and interpersonal communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Education OR English OR Related Field
- The ability to keep concise records
- The ability to facilitate group discussion, analyze situations, and draw conclusions
- The ability to work with a diversity of individuals and groups
- Current Teacher Certification
- ESL Certification
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) provides management consulting and technology services to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need.
Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has more than 600 professionals in 26 offices around the U.S. and in Montreal, Canada. The firm draws on more than two decades of consulting to public sector clients in all 50 states and Canada to deliver best-practice solutions and measurable results to state and local public agencies, state-operated facilities, and private providers that do business with government agencies.
PCG is committed to a diverse workforce which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and interested in making an immediate impact on their community as well as their own career.
Location/Region: Richmond, VA (US)