Blair-Dumond, Inc., a leader in Custom Architectural Woodwork & Cabinetry, is currently recruiting a full time position for Drafting Engineer in our Richmond, VA facility.
The candidate must be a self-motivated, highly organized with a complete understanding and expertise in AutoCAD and Microsoft products.
Job Summary: Creates, maintains, and updates detail drawings to assure timely manufacturing of product to customer specifications.
- Work with Production Team to determine the most efficient method using the available resources to fabricate or purchase the required product.
- Create shop drawings for customer approval. See AWI for shop drawing requirements and include any other details such as 3-D drawings, sketches, models, etc. as required to communicate the job clearly.
- Make site visits as required to verify field dimensions and conditions.
- Assist installers and project managers in solving problems that arise on the job site.
- Understanding of millwork, cabinet construction, and Microvellum a plus.
Please include resume with salary requirements.
In operation since 1987, Blair Dumond Inc. is a leading manufacturer and installer of custom architectural woodwork in the mid-Atlantic region. Certified by the Architectural Woodwork Institute (AWI) for all grades of cabinetry, Blair Dumond’s products include laminate and wood casework as well as architectural millwork, paneling, and moulding for commercial and institutional applications.
Using CNC equipment and automated processes, our Richmond plant has the capacity for large volume orders as well as the flexibility to produce unique custom items. Our in-house engineering department complements our highly-skilled project management team – ensuring products and installation crews are at the site to meet schedule.
Location/Region: Richmond, VA (US)