Performs routine and extensive preventative maintenance and repair procedures on mechanical equipment, building and electrical systems. This is also position is responsible for the overall operation of the equipment in the Fabrication Shop. This includes set up, change overs, and successful operation of all equipment.
· Perform preventative maintenance on equipment
· Respond to equipment repair needs
· Fabricate production products using hand tools and power tools.
· Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
· Performs preventive maintenance procedures on mechanical equipment on a scheduled basis; inspects belts, checks fluid levels, replaces filters, greases bearings, seals, etc.; repairs or replaces broken parts.
· May operate a computer which controls and monitors mechanical equipment.
· Installs electrical wiring and equipment, replaces and repairs wiring as needed.
· Responds to emergency maintenance requests as required.
· Maintains records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
· Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
· Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
· Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
· Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
· May obtain estimates for supplies, repair parts; orders parts as needed.
· Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
· Loads, unloads, and moves materials within or near the work site, performing any combination of following duties: Reads work order or follows verbal instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
· Properly packing products into boxes and ensuring the correct product and quantity are being packed. Ensure the products are packed in a fashion not to be damaged during shipment.
· Frequently operates pallet jack or electric dolly to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
· Opens containers, using steel cutters, crowbar, claw hammer, or other hand tools.
· Manually loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves.
· Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit, using hand tools.
· Conveys materials to or from storage or work sites to designated area, using hand truck, electric dolly, or another device.
· Lifts heavy objects by hand or using power hoist, and cleans work area, machines, and equipment, using broom, rags, and cleaning compounds
· Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Problem Solving
· Time management
· Technical Expertise or Mechanical Aptitude
· Integrity and trust
· Action oriented
· High School diploma
· 5 years’ experience with repairing and troubleshooting industrial machines
· Technical understanding of how machines work
· Experience working with power tools
· Ability to read blueprints, diagrams, sketches, engineering specifications, operations manuals and manufacturer’s instructions
· Attention to detail
· Ability to effectively manage time and establish priorities
· Good organizational skills
· Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
· Good communication skills
· Ability to work a flexible work schedule
· Must be able to adhere to safety policies and procedures
· Supervisory experience a plus
Distribution International (DI) is one of the leading distributors of thermal and acoustical insulation and related supplies for maintenance and repair operations in the United States. We are also one of the largest providers of specialty insulation and related fabrication in North America. We distribute industrial and commercial insulation, asbestos abatement, firestopping, refractory, marine, removable pads, safety products and contractor supplies. We serve power generation facilities, petrochemical and industrial refinery plants, governmental and institutional buildings, military and commercial vessels and offshore rigs as well as other facilities and industries.
Headquartered in Houston with locations throughout North America, our expansive network ensures customers of unparalleled technical expertise, convenient custom fabrication service and timely delivery via our in-house fleet.
Because many of our customers do business around the world, our export division negotiates and expedites all international orders and shipments.
We represent the manufacturing icons of our industry with broad product lines that provide a wide range of benefits in energy conservation, reduced greenhouse gas emissions, increased process productivity, condensation control and enhanced worker safety, all of which significantly increase our customers.