Assistant Project Superintendent Job Profile and Description:
An Assistant Project Superintendent is a person who assists in planning and oversees all aspects of construction jobs in coordination with the Project Manager and Project Superintendent. This individual is responsible for everything that happens at the site, including but not limited to:
Basic Functions and Responsibilities:
· Collaborates with Superintendent to supervise the work completed on project job sites. Also collaborates with Superintendent to convey project plans to subs.
· Works with superintendent to write project documentation. These documents include field documentation like look ahead reports, safety, and office documentation such as time sheets and expense reports.
· Assists the superintendent in ensuring the successful and on-time completion and delivery of the project. This includes providing accurate progress reports and thorough look-ahead reports to General Superintendent and Project Manager.
· Assists superintendent in getting approval for project budget changes.
· Adherence to the project plans and the customer’s contract specifications and requirements.
· Supervises and reports the progress of the work.
· Supervises and ensures the health and safety of the workers.
· Leads safety toolbox talks
· Supervises the construction project and the workers and ensures that the quality of work and materials is upheld.
· Monitors the functions on site to oversee all the construction process.
- Performs the general inspection of the workers and supervises their performance.
- Ensures that the safety rules and regulations are met properly.
- Coordinates with the government inspectors on the standard requirements of the site in terms of licenses and safety.
- Supervises the subcontractors and ensure that they are punctual and that they deliver.
Education and Qualifications:
The successful Construction Project Superintendent should have the minimum of a High School Diploma. A Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year College or University or an Associate’s Degree from a Vocational School is a plus.
A minimum of 1-3 years of experience “on the job” is required.
Availability to travel and work nights and weekends is required.