Organizes and supervises the activities of the work crews directly assigned to them. Understands and completes job per contract specifications. Communicates information regarding the assigned job to Foreman and other crew members
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Supervises all assigned foreman and tree trimming crews.
· Physical inspection of equipment and tools on the job.
· Communicates with foremen and Supervisor on a regular basis.
· Communications and provides documentation to crews, supervisor and corporate office.
· Completes proper and required paperwork in a timely manner.
· Inventories and orders supplies for crews.
· Compliance to safety and corporate rules and regulations.
· Provide documentation for training and inspections.
· Responsible for Safety precautions.
· Supervise several foremen and their tree trimming crews.
· Communicate to foreman, crews, supervisor and corporate office.
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· Must be at least 21 years of age if position requires interstate driving.
· Must have legal authorization to work in the United States of America.
· Have a valid Driver’s license and preferably Commercial Class B license
· Have a valid herbicide applicator’s license or be able to obtain one
· Must pass a drug/alcohol screen upon offer of employment.
· May be required to pass a physical abilities test/post offer screen for employment.
· Able to pass a drug test as mandated by the Department of Transportation.
· Have OSHA approved Qualified Line Clearance/Tree Trimmer certificate or able to obtain
· Have Certified Tree Worker or Certified Arborist status from the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) or able to obtain
Knowledge, Skills &Abilities
· Demonstrate knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
· Ability to read and understand safety rules, work orders, procedure manuals, operating and maintenance instructions
· Demonstrated knowledge of personal problem solving techniques.
· Ability to verbally communicate to crews, foremen, supervisor and corporate staff.
· Able to operate equipment required for assigned jobs.
· Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
· High school diploma or GED preferred.
· Minimum of Two (2) years’ experience as foreman with success directing tree crew and good relationship with general foreman.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
· Appropriate neat and clean appearance representing the company well.
· Must be able to report to work on time and to perform the duties of the job for an entire workday.
· Must be able to work flexible hours with some weekend and/holiday work required.
· Must be able to perform frequent overtime work, which may involve early mornings or late night hours.
· Must have sufficient physical strength and ability to independently and repeatedly lift, move, and carry objects weighing up to 100 pounds and to repeatedly lift, move and carry objects weighing more than 100 pounds with assistance.
· This classification may require the use of personal or company vehicles on company business.
· Must be physically capable to operate the vehicles safely.
· Travel from work site to work site; exposure to dust and noise; some heavy lifting, standing, climbing; exposure to heights and high voltage; work in inclement weather conditions.
· Storm emergencies may require extended out of town stays.
The Townsend Corporation and its subsidiaries provide a wide range of services, expertise, and innovative technology to its specialized core markets - vegetation management, power line clearance, herbicide package and application, electric utility line construction, storm-damage relief, and the manufacture, installation and maintenance of custom control panels. The Townsend Corporation and its subsidiaries are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers.