Provides management and leadership to a crew while performing assigned jobs for landscaping / tree work. Communicates with General Foreman daily regarding all aspects of the job.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Ability to perform all skills required of team members.
· Understand and manage the assigned job.
· Oversee job safety with crew members. Including knowledge and use of personal protective equipment, CPR/First Aid, rescue drills and job task certifications.
· Maintain all equipment inspection paperwork.
· Provide inspection and maintenance of equipment.
· Complete daily paperwork and reports.
· Complete timesheets accurately and on time.
· Responsible for organization and safety of job site.
· Interact professionally with public and utility personal.
· Perform any other assigned tasks and responsibilities.
· Supervise all crew members during working hours.
· Communicate appropriately to General Foreman and members of the crew.
· Training of crew members on equipment, safety, and job requirements.
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· Must be at least 21 years of age if position requires interstate driving.
· Must have legal authorization to work in the United States of America.
· May be required to pass physical abilities test/post offer screen for employment.
· Must pass drug/alcohol screen upon offer of employment and any other random, post-accident, etc. as required
· Must have an acceptable driving record.
· Must have a Driver’s license.
· Must possess appropriate herbicide applicator’s license when state requires.
Knowledge, Skills &Abilities
· Demonstrate knowledge on occupational hazards and safety precautions
· Ability to read and understand work orders, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Demonstrated knowledge of personal problem solving techniques.
· Ability to communicate to others.
· Ability to operate assigned equipment required for the job.
· Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
· High School diploma or GED preferred.
· Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in landscaping / tree care
· Experience on tree crew with demonstrated skills of understanding work orders, communication with other crew members, leadership qualities, and excellent safety record.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
· Appropriate neat and clean appearance representing the company well.
· Must be able to report to work on time and to perform the duties of the job for an entire workday.
· Must be able to work flexible hours with some weekend and /or holiday work required.
· Must be able to perform frequent overtime work, which may involve early mornings or late night hours.
· Must have sufficient physical strength and ability to independently and repeatedly lift, move and carry objects weighing up to 100 pounds and to repeatedly lift, move and carry objects weighing more than 100 pounds with assistance.
· Individuals must be physically capable to operate the vehicles safely.
· This classification may require the use of personal or company vehicles on company business.
The Townsend Corporation and its subsidiaries provide a wide range of services, expertise, and innovative technology to its specialized core markets - vegetation management, power line clearance, herbicide package and application, electric utility line construction, storm-damage relief, and the manufacture, installation and maintenance of custom control panels. The Townsend Corporation and its subsidiaries are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers.