Aerosol Bulk Manufacturing III – Weekend Night Shift (full time)
Fareva is currently seeking an experienced Aerosol Bulk Manufacturing Techs to work weekend Night shift in Richmond, VA.
Friday: 11:00 PM to Saturday 11:00 AM (12 hour shift)
Saturday: 11:00 PM to Sunday 11:00 AM (12 hour shift)
2 additional (8 hour shifts) will be required. Specific Days to be determined and Days may not be consecutive.
- Must be able to work every weekend
- Requires 3+ years of Bulk manufacturing or mixing experience
- To qualify must pass WorkKeys assessments
This position requires a minimum of (6) months experience to the highly skilled manufacturer who has experiences in all aspects of bulk solution preparation and equipment use. All work is done following cGMPs, PPGs, and safety requirements.
Under the direction of a Facilitator and/or Group Leader, the Bulk Manufacturer Level III will prepare bulk solution to be packaged. Visually inspects products for defects or other quality problems and initiates corrective action when necessary. Controls and accounts for all raw material used
Work is determined by the production schedule and is assigned by the Production Facilitator/designee. Work is directed by production batch records, equipment cleaning records, and PPG's/JA's. Upon completion of the work it is delivered to the department's customers.
- Orientation to all equipment used including; set-up, operation, troubleshooting & shutdown.
- Instructions in all aspects of the operation; PPG's, batch record & documentation requirements, proper formulations and sampling techniques.
- Weighs specified quantities and follows formulation procedures in the preparation of bulk solution.
- Handles all raw materials to prepare batches.
- Sets up and operates equipment used in compounding, i.e. mixing equipment, filtering equipment, compounding tanks and pumps, chart recorders on a daily basis.
- Sets up and utilizes scales on a daily basis.
- Moves raw material as required for compounding, weighing or storage with hand trucks and forklifts as required.
- Performs pre-filtration of bulk solutions.
- Coordinates the transfer of finished batches to specified tanks or areas for further processing
- Maintains accurate records, i.e., logbooks, raw material inventories, reconciliations and batch production records, checks Production Batch Records for accuracy, and operates MES Enterprise computer system
- Navigates SCADA dispensing system to dispense bulk raw materials
- Completes all documentation clearly and legibly
- Performs tank rinsing, cleaning and sanitation procedures, and all other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Adheres strictly to all cGMPs, PPGs, and safety procedures to ensure the quality and integrity of products and safety of employees.
- Reports all accidents, incidents and near misses to supervision immediately
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations, i.e., conversions volume to weight, English to metric, yields, specific gravity
- Keeps working area in a clean and orderly condition according to PPG's and 5S principles
- Actively participates in team activities including continuous improvement efforts, cost reduction initiatives and process improvements.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to obtain forklift certification within 6 months
Abilities and Skills:
- Must be able to read, demonstrate math ability and understanding
- Comprehend and follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to visually verify steps in process
- Possess good eye/hand coordination
- Must be able to pass (Fareva's basic computer navigation skills assessment.
- Movement and weighing of heavy containers from 50 - 100 lbs. with appropriate equipment.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Work may involve exposure to raw materials such as pharmaceutical active ingredients (PAI's), which may require the use of personal protective equipment (gloves, aprons, safety shoes, goggles, face shield or respirators), exposure to high temperature water and steam and wet floors, handling of flammable liquids, caustic solutions and compounds.
- Will work with the following tools/equipment: mixing equipment, filtering equipment, compounding tanks, pumps, scales and any other equipment necessary to accomplish the task.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Benefits package available
Equal Opportunity Employer
FAREVA Richmond manufactures pharmaceutical and personal care products for a variety of customers and brands. While the FAREVA name is relatively new to the area, the Richmond plant and its 500 employees have a long history in central Virginia. We are looking for new employees to join our team as we grow our business.