Aerosol Packaging Associate III Weekend Night Shift (full time)
Fareva is currently seeking experienced Aerosol Packaging Associates to work weekend night shift in Richmond, VA.
Friday: 11:00 PM to Saturday 11:00 AM (12 hour shift)
Saturday: 11:00 PM to Sunday 11:00 AM (12 hour shift)
2 additional (8 hour shifts) will be required. Specific Days to be determined and Days may not be consecutive.
- Must be able to work every weekend
- Requires 3+ years of Packaging Associate experience
- To qualify must pass WorkKeys assessments
- Product/packaging component inspection
- Label application/insertion
- Container/carton counting and filling
- Supplying materials for processing
- Limited machine operation and packing of final product
- Keeps working area in a clean and orderly condition according to PPG's and 5S principles
- Verify label samples
- Completes all documentation clearly and legibly
- Observes line operations to detect malfunctions and reports problems to Packaging Production Technician or the Supervisor.
- Performs other routine tasks including those that the employee is trained on outside their current job responsibilities
- Adheres strictly to all cGMP's, PPG's, and safety procedures to ensure the quality and integrity of products and safety of employees
- Reports all accidents, incidents and near misses to supervision immediately
- Works within the team environment to rotate job assignments to facilitate cross training and keep skills current.
- Actively participates in team activities including continuous improvement efforts, cost reduction initiatives and process improvements.
- Maintains training on all equipment used including; set-up, operation, troubleshooting & shutdown, as well as training on PPG's, batch record & documentation requirements.
- Assists in the training of new employees
Education and Experience:
- High school Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience as a Packaging Associate
Skills and Abilities:
- Must successfully complete required skills tests including Fareva’s basic computer navigation and Work Keys skills assessments.
- The ability to perform all packaging related activities on the packaging line, or lines to which incumbent has been assigned.
- Must demonstrate an ability to work at the line speeds as specified in company production standard
- Must be able to read, demonstrate math ability and understanding, comprehend and follow written and oral instructions, have ability to visually verify steps in packaging process; and possess good eye/hand coordination
- Exceptionally close attention to detail is required to prevent error and loss of components and product, to prevent accidents, and to comply with all cGMPs and procedures
- Considerable attention to the running of the work centers is required to prevent loss/damage to equipment.
- Positions require extended standing, lifting (up to 35 lbs.), bending, twisting, hand dexterity, depth perception, color vision, and travel up and down the assigned work area.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Benefits package available
Please submit via "Apply Now"
Equal Opportunity Employer
FAREVA Richmond manufactures pharmaceutical and personal care products for a variety of customers and brands. While the FAREVA name is relatively new to the area, the Richmond plant and its 500 employees have a long history in central Virginia. We are looking for new employees to join our team as we grow our business.
Location/Region: Richmond, VA (US)