Aerosol Operations Mechanic II Weekend Night Shift (full time)
Fareva is currently seeking experienced Aerosol Operations Mechanics to work weekend night shift in Richmond, VA.
Thursday: 3:00 PM to 11:00 PM (8 hour shift)
Friday: 11:00 PM to Saturday 11:00 AM (12 hour shift)
Saturday: 11:00 PM to Sunday 11:00 AM (12 hour shift)
Monday: 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM (8 hour shift)
- Must be able to work every weekend
- Requires 1+ years of Operations Mechanic experience
- To qualify must pass WorkKeys assessments
Performs specific assignments to ensure that equipment in various manufacturing, packaging and related areas operate properly and is maintained. Operates, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs equipment associated with the packaging of pharmaceutical products. Performs routine preventive maintenance, equipment changeovers, equipment cleaning and set-up. Performs duties with advanced skill on many different types of equipment. Applies advanced working knowledge and experience to independently improve maintenance techniques and operations.
- Adheres strictly to all cGMP’s, PPG’s, regulatory and safety standards and procedures to ensure the quality and integrity of products and safety of employees
- Keeps working area in a clean and orderly condition according to PPG’s and 5S principles
- Ensures that all machine guards, interlocks and other safety devices are properly installed and maintained in good working order. Follows established lockout procedures when working on equipment
- Adjusts or replaces machine parts as necessary to facilitate the repair and/or changeover of equipment to manufacture or package various products
- Troubleshoots and maintains manufacturing and/or packaging equipment at required operating levels, through the performance of proper preventive maintenance and major overhauls in order to meet departmental production standards on equipment in several lines
- Records in respective logbooks all lubrication, maintenance or repairs made on equipment in accordance with the department’s preventive maintenance program
- Reports all accidents, incidents, near misses, and potential hazards to supervision immediately
- Assists Operators to maintain good production standards through occasional operation or guidance of manufacturing or packaging equipment
- Performs other duties as requested by supervision to maintain plant operations
- Functions in a teamwork-based environment to maximize productivity, safety and quality. Works with other less experienced mechanics to improve their skills and troubleshooting abilities.
- Completes all required training on all aspects of the operation; PPG’s, batch record documentation requirements, safety and cGMP’s.
- Assists in the training of new employees.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to obtain forklift certification within 6 months
Abilities and Skills:
- Must be able to read, demonstrate math ability and understanding
- Comprehend and follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to visually verify steps in process
- Possess good eye/hand coordination
- Must be able to pass (Fareva’s basic computer navigation skills assessment).
- Movement and weighing of heavy containers from 50 – 100 lbs. with appropriate equipment.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Work may involve exposure to raw materials such as pharmaceutical active ingredients (PAI’s), which may require the use of personal protective equipment (gloves, aprons, safety shoes, goggles, face shield or respirators), exposure to high temperature water and steam and wet floors, handling of flammable liquids, caustic solutions and compounds.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Benefits package available
Please submit your resume and salary requirements via the "Apply Now" button and you will be routed to our application system.
Equal Opportunity Employer
FAREVA Richmond manufactures pharmaceutical and personal care products for a variety of customers and brands. While the FAREVA name is relatively new to the area, the Richmond plant and its 500 employees have a long history in central Virginia. We are looking for new employees to join our team as we grow our business.