Have you always been told you have a flair for design? Are you ready to put your passions to work for you? We have just the role you’re looking for! Calico is a leading retailer for custom decorating services and we have almost 70 years’ experience in the designer fabrics, custom design services and upholstered furniture business. We are looking for Retail Design Consultants to join our dynamic retail team.
At Calico our customers know us for our commitment to customer service and our superior quality products. As a Design Consultant you will use your creative talents along with your passion for design work to help Calico customers create beautiful spaces.
- Ability to identify customer’s needs and to present and sell the appropriate products by relying on a strong knowledge of fabrics and their applications, custom product construction, including window coverings and upholstered furniture, drapery hardware and their applications, home decorating, and design principles. Hunter Douglas experience a plus!
- An awareness of current trends in design and home décor. Preference given to those with experience and/or education in decorating, and/or design.
- Ability to maintain a schedule which is subject to change. Willingness to work Saturdays and/or Sundays, overtime, promotions, sale and inventories as scheduled or required Must attend all store meetings.
- Ability to achieve a pre-determined sales goal, as well as meeting other forms of measures specific to the position.
- Ability to build long-term customer relationships and to obtain referrals for future sales.
- Computer proficiency (as a Design Consultant you will be using the following: Microsoft Office, Point of Sale (POS), web based rendering tools and quoting software on a daily basis).
- Strong time management skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Highly organized, with attention to detail and strong follow through skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Our Retail Sales Associates are responsible for greeting customers promptly, and asking appropriate questions to determine their needs and then translating them into creative design solutions.
Presenting appropriate merchandise to customers to meet their decorating desires, offering a broad selection of fabrics, trims and accessories to expand the sale. This requires a clear understanding of Calico’s Custom Product and Furniture offering and knowing the features and benefits of various styles.
Preparing quotes for custom product orders using company specific software and effectively selling appropriate services to customer regarding measurements and installations.
Ensuring the customer clearly understands the custom labor process and obtains all necessary signatures and payments prior to proceeding with the project.
Properly executes paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
Following up with customers who have outstanding quotes to answer questions and complete the sale. Maintains communication with customers regarding any backordered items or other delays that may affect the anticipated delivery of product.
Closing sales effectively and communicating all necessary information to the customer regarding her purchase in a professional manner
Achieving and consistently maintaining sales per hour goals as communicated by Store Manager.
Resolves issues to customer’s satisfaction.
Everfast, Inc. d/b/a Calico Corners/Calico Home/Calico
Calico is the legendary specialty store for those who love to decorate. Our passion may be fabrics, but our pleasure is in helping our customers to discover their style and create interiors that feel like home. We help our customers find the perfect fabric, and then show them how to mix it and match it, where to use it, and how to make the most of it.
At the heart of our culture are values that guide us in attracting and retaining the best talent in the industry. As we continue to build and develop our high quality teams, we seek individuals who share these same values: Long-term relationships based on integrity, respect and fairness, passion for the work we do, a commitment to sales and earnings growth and successful performance for the Company, and a commitment to continuous learning.
We know our associates are the most valuable resource. That is why we offer an exciting and fun work environment that allows our talented associates to grow both professionally and personally.
Our successful Design Consultants love the perks of working for Calico including:
•Base hourly rate plus a monthly incentive that increases when the store achieves their goals.
•Paid training! We provide comprehensive training that focuses on fabrics and their applications, designing and developing custom products, sales technique and design. Training is provided in store and online through trainer led webinars and pre-recorded tutorials.
•401(k) plan for retirement savings
•Generous Employee discounts!
•Medical, Dental, Vision and Disability/Life benefits for full time associates
•Vacation and Holiday Pay for full time associates and after two years for regular part-time associates.
•Outstanding retail hours that allows for nice work/life balance!
With over 70 stores across the country, we are the ultimate specialty store, offering thousands of home furnishing fabrics, custom upholstered furniture, and custom design and labor services.
Location/Region: Richmond, VA (US)