Paymerang is seeking a driven, analytical, well-organized team member who is looking to to advance their career and position themselves for success in the world of accounting and finance.
The Jr. Financial Analyst will be a key contributor in a high growth environment by providing thorough financial analysis as well as traditional accounting activities in support of our Operations and Sales teams. This individual will have the opportunity to interact with company leaders daily and have a large impact within a growing FinTech organization, all while developing their skills in areas such as financial modeling, QuickBooks and analysis.
- Maintain and use a NPV model to help value new clients (up to 25 per quarter). Support business growth by enhancing the valuation model and conducting model back checks. Add new variables to the model inputs. Improve the model-matching algorithm.
- Establish capability to bill and collect for new services, including monthly and transactional fees.
- Evaluate and re-engineer the bank reconciliation process.
- Drive improvements in operational processes – Client Profitability calculator, commission statements, client statements, petty cash recon, etc.
- Drive Monthly Business Review Meeting by developing slides, validating data and coordinating across the organization to ensure timely delivery.
- Develop and Demonstrate a deep understanding of the various models/spreadsheets/processes used in this role. Must understand how the work that is being done affects the company as a whole.
- Monitor and track client performance with a database model and provide suggestions for improvement of simplification.
Job Specific Skills – MS Excel, reconciliations, calculating rewards, processing bank transactions
Integrative Thinking – being able to solve problems by connecting related issues. Anticipates problems before they develop.
Results Driven – completes daily reconciliation and valuations without having to be asked or followed up on. Makes offers to help on month end closing tasks.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting
- Demonstrable industry accounting experience
- Ability to analyze financial data and apply policies as needed
- Strong business communication and customer service skills
- Analytical or Accounting experience with a financial services firm preferred
Paymerang, formerly known as The Payments Company, is a privately held company in Richmond, Virginia founded in 2009.
Our primary offering is a web-based software that helps companies switch to electronic payments for paying suppliers and greatly reduces the fraud, frustration, and carbon footprint associated with paper checks.
Join our team and work in a casual, open door environment where you interact regularly with peers, cross-functional team members and Senior Management. We're committed to simple and secure payments, customer satisfaction, and supporting employee well-being.
We Have Great Benefits!
*15 days PTO + 10 paid holidays
*Health insurance: we pay 100% of employee medical, dental, and vision premiums
* 401(k) plan with a 6% non-elective match- You get the money no matter what!
*Maternity and paternity leave: because both moms and dads are parents
*Work/life balance: no long hours, no expectation to check email on days off
*Unlimited snacks: don't let your appetite interrupt your workflow
Location/Region: Richmond, VA (US)