· Assumes ownership of all aspects of hospice operations of the hospice agency. Includes management and oversight of clinical processes, regulatory compliance, financial outcomes and operational procedures for Hospice Agency
· Through effective leadership and management of the hospice operation and it’s resources, responsible to meet/exceed benchmarks related to quality of care, financial performance, operational efficiency and employee retention.
· Ensures hospice program is in compliance with all company policies/procedures and all applicable federal, state(s) and local laws, and accrediting organization, regulations, State Board of Nursing and Standards of Practice.
· Maintains knowledge of regulatory guidelines; recommends operational changes as needed.
· Maintains ongoing liaison with the governing body, staff members and the community through appropriate communication.
· Develops, implements and evaluates clinical operations policies and procedures.
· Ensures staffing/coverage to provide sufficient personnel for delivery of patient/family services, including on-call, pursuant to company policies and guidelines.
· Plans for and ensures comprehensive orientation and ongoing education of the clinical professional and paraprofessional staff.
· Ensure compliance with Agency Quality management program
· Ensure that each patient and family receives the necessary care and services outlined in the plan of care.
· Responsible for all aspects of Human Resources
· Serves as local compliance liaison to ensure compliance with company, federal and state requirements
· Participates in the budgeting process and manages expenses accordingly.
· Serves as a liaison with vendor and contracted providers. Monitors the quality of services provided by these vendors/agencies
· Participates in local, state, and national hospice organizations activities
· Expected to perform on-call professional duties
Addendum for Branch location operations: This position reports to the Hospice Administrator of a designated “Parent” Provider.