INTERNAL AUDIT MANAGER
Chesterfield County Government
Chesterfield County, Virginia (Richmond-Metro Area), a recognized leader and award winning local government, is seeking an experienced, knowledgeable, and collaborative professional for the Internal Audit Department serving County Government and Chesterfield County Public Schools. Chesterfield, a suburban county of 446 square miles, is centrally located in the Commonwealth with a population of approximately 340,000 residents as of January 1, 2017. Chesterfield is one of fewer than 35 counties in the nation to hold AAA ratings from all three major bond rating agencies.
The Audit Manager assists the Director of Internal Audit in developing, implementing, and managing the department’s mission and programs, with the following responsibilities:
- Plan and complete performance audits and special projects to evaluate internal controls, key business risks, and compliance with state and federal rules and regulations, including related information technology systems and applications
- Supervise and evaluate the work and development of professional and other staff
- Developing audit schedules, objectives, timeframes, and scopes
- Perform complex analyses and audits, including special investigations and confidential matters
- Review and approve work papers to ensure quality control and compliance with auditing standards
- Evaluate audit findings and recommendations, prepare final reports, and present findings to management
- Provides technical advisory and consultation services to County officials and management to reduce risk, strengthen controls, and improve performance
Successful candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Skill in organizing resources, establishing priorities, and problem-solving
- Considerable knowledge of Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS), Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and other recognized auditing and accounting practices used by municipal, county, and other local governments
· Knowledge of information systems auditing, information security, and internal control frameworks such as COBIT and COSO
- Strong analytical skills, including experience with data extraction and analysis tools
- Experience in interpreting and evaluating complex financial statements, systems, reports, internal controls, policies and procedures
· Experience with audit management software
Successful candidates will possess a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Public Administration, or a related field (master’s degree preferred); minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in accounting, financial and/or internal audit (preferably government experience) including a minimum of three years supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) is required.
Valid driver’s license and good driving record are required. Record must not reflect a total accumulation of six or more demerit points within the twenty-four months preceding the anticipated hire date, or one major violation of six demerit points within the preceding thirty-six months. Pre-employment drug test, background investigation including fingerprinting for an FBI criminal check and education/degree verification are required. No routine travel required.
The salary range for this position is $82,072 - $140,145. This recruitment will remain open until 5pm March 22, 2018. A Chesterfield County application is required and must be submitted online by the deadline. Please list all professional certifications in the “Certifications/Licenses” section of the application. Visit careers.chesterfield.gov to view instructions and to apply. (804) 748-1551.
An Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Workforce Diversity
About this company
Chesterfield County Human Resources provides complete Human Resource services for approximately 3800 full time employees not including schools.
Location/Region: Chesterfield, VA