Wall, Einhorn & Chernitzer, P.C.
Job Title: Tax Manager and Tax Senior Manager
Wall, Einhorn & Chernitzer, P.C. (WEC), a local accounting firm known for its forward-thinking workplace culture, is seeking tax manager/senior manager talent to join their team. WEC has a strong history of promoting within – all 10 current shareholders were either founding shareholders or promoted to shareholder after demonstrated success at WEC.
The firm is a proud recipient of numerous prestigious awards including Virginia Business’ “Best Places to Work in Virginia” every year since 2012 and one of the “Best Accounting Firms to Work For” by Accounting Today since 2016. WEC is also an Inside Business “Hall of Fame” honoree as one of the “Best Places to Work in Hampton Roads” and was recently selected as one of CoVa BIZ’s 2018 “Best Places to Work.” Watch this video to see what makes WEC a “Best Place to Work” and check out our Instagram to get a better idea of our day-to-day workplace culture.
Wall, Einhorn & Chernitzer, P.C. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Send resume with cover letter and salary requirements to:
PositionSummary:Managethe reviewof returns,taxreporting,taxplanning,andcompliancefunctionsofaccountingstaff inordertomeetthegoalsofthetaxdepartmentastheyrelatetotheneedsofthefirm.
- Demonstratesnecessaryskillsandknowledgerequiredfortax compliance.
- Must befamiliarandadheretoregulationsatthefederal,stateandlocal levelandrelyonexperienceandjudgmenttoplanandaccomplish goals.
- Reviews federal and state income tax returns for individuals and businesses.
- Builds relationships and interacts with clients in order to provide excellent planning, consulting and strategic expertise.
- Responsibleforreviewing keycomplexreturnsforrisksandopportunities to provide additionalservice.
- Demonstrates knowledge of technical taxrequirements.
- Seekstoimproveownperformancebyattendingrequiredandelective education programs for level and function and sets annual career objectives.
- Other duties asassigned.
Base Salary: $100,000 + potential relocation/signing bonus (if not hired through 3rd party recruiter)
- 5+ years relevant work experience required
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous tax experience in public accounting firm required
- CPA Certification required
- Drive to contribute to a dynamic collaborative team environment