Mental Health Support Services
Hourly Range: $13.73 - $16.16
Deadline: 5pm October 4, 2018
We're looking for amazing people! Come join us as a part time Credentialing Specialist in Mental Health Support Services (MHSS), a department of Chesterfield County providing mental health, developmental disabilities and substance use disorder services for children and adults in Chesterfield County. This important role will process necessary documents to ensure that all required staff are enrolled in government as well as commercial managed care organizations and will coordinate the Acute Care Hospitalization reimbursement for the department. Delivers quality work outputs; meets deadlines; and manages multiple concurrent tasks. Responsibilities will include:
• Complete all necessary and appropriate forms for submission to the proper health plans.
• Maintain and update spreadsheets or database with enrollment status and necessary data elements.
• Conduct written and oral follow up to determine application status.
• Complete and update CAQH database when appropriate.
• Prepare check requests as necessary related to application fees.
• Communicate with health plans as necessary to understand processes; develop a system to track credentialing status and dates of renewals.
• Responsible for routine, recurring quality checks of provider contract data and direct interaction with providers and systems.
• Complex electronic record keeping and tracking of behavioral hospitalizations for billing and reimbursement.
• Assist in management of managed care organization contracts and enrollment in governmental programs. Perform other work as required.
Qualified candidates should possess a high school diploma and two years of experience preferably in a health care setting; or equivalent combination of training and work experience. Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and strong proficiency in all types of communication, both internal and external customer service, along with strong project management and organizational experience. Preferred experience includes prior provider enrollment experience as well as familiarity with CAQH, credentialing protocols and Medicaid/Medicare.
MHSS is one of forty public organizations in Virginia that offer a comprehensive array of services in mental health and substance use disorders, developmental disabilities, prevention and early intervention services. Our mission is to promote wellness and an improved quality of life for Chesterfield residents through exceptional and comprehensive behavioral health and developmental services.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs. Pre-employment drug testing, FBI criminal background check and education/degree verification required.
An Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Hiring a Diverse and Bilingual Workforce.
A Chesterfield County application is required and must be submitted online by deadline. Visit careers.chesterfield.gov to view instructions and to complete and submit an application. (804) 748-1551.
An Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Workforce Diversity
About this company
Chesterfield County Human Resources provides complete Human Resource services for approximately 3800 full time employees not including schools.
Location/Region: Richmond, VA (US - 23219)