Senior Maintenance Supervisor - $1000 SIGN-ON BONUS
At Brookfield Properties, our success starts with our people. People like you.
We develop, operate, and manage more than 650 properties and 325 million square feet of real estate across the globe. It’s a feat that wouldn’t be possible without our team, a diverse group of creative visionaries and innovative experts who are relentless in pursuit of one goal: to ensure our buildings don’t simply meet the needs of our tenants, residents, and communities — but exceed them, every day.
We know that a “one-size-fits-all” approach doesn’t work when it comes to residential living. That’s why, at Brookfield Properties, our portfolio features a wide range of options for any stage of life. And though our properties may be diverse, one thing is universal: all offer the unparalleled quality, service, and support our residents deserve.
If you’re ready to be a part of our team, we encourage you to apply.
We are searching for a talented Senior Maintenance Supervisor - $1,000 SIGN-ON BONUS to be based out of The River Lofts at Tobacco Row in Richmond, VA!
We thought you might want to check out where you could be working next. Click here to take a peek at the property! Trust us… you are going to like what you see.
We are offering a $1000 SIGN-ON BONUS!!
(Associate must complete 90 days of employment. Bonus must be paid back in full if candidate leaves organization within first 12 months of employment)
Supervises and leads a team to manage the mechanical maintenance, grounds keeping, interior and exterior maintenance, custodial, and housekeeping at a multi-unit residential property(ies).
- Supervises the mechanical maintenance grounds keeping, interior and exterior maintenance, custodial, and housekeeping employees. Hires, trains, schedules, disciplines associates. Oversees and reviews their work. Performs performance appraisals and recommends pay changes.
- Oversees the day-to-day mechanical maintenance, grounds keeping, interior and exterior maintenance, custodial, and housekeeping functions to ensure the prompt and efficient maintenance, repair and servicing of equipment and facilities within budget constraints.
- Troubleshoots complex maintenance problems and develops creative solutions. Performs complex maintenance duties as necessary.
- Interfaces with contractors and vendors. Creates written specifications and secures bids for services in accordance with established bid process. Researches and evaluates new housekeeping and maintenance products and procedures. Solicits bids, negotiates with vendors for goods and services. Holds vendors accountable for quality of work, billing accuracy and adherence to property policies and procedures for all projects.
- Interfaces with tenants and/or residents regarding their maintenance and housekeeping needs.
- Establishes schedules for repairs and preventive maintenance and ensure they are adhered to.
- Prepares and makes recommendations for the annual maintenance budget. Implements approved budget on a day-to-day basis and is accountable for operating the property within the budget guidelines.
- This position requires a High School Diploma & Vocational Training in General Studies.
- An additional degree that is preferred for this position include: High School Diploma/GED & Vocational Training in General Studies or Undergraduate Degree in Engineering or related subject matter.
- 5-7 years of required experience in office building, shopping center, or multi-unit residential maintenance function.
- Required certifications for this position include: valid driver’s license and EPA/HVAC certified.
- A preferred certification for this position include: Certified Apartment Maintenance Technician.
- Required skills for this position include: One-Site, Microsoft Office, fair housing laws, leadership/supervisory, and prioritize in a fast-moving environment.
- This position requires up to 10% travel.
Brookfield Properties cares about the well-being and work-life balance of our valued associates! To show how much we care, we offer awesome incentives that include:
- Full benefits package
- Generous paid time off
- 401(k) with company match
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- Lucrative referral bonus program
- Incredible associate rental discount if you choose to live on-site! Who wouldn’t want to live at one of our beautiful properties (especially at a discounted rate)?!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Religion/Sex/Protected Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Marital Status/Pregnancy/Age/National Origin/Genetic Information
Drug free workplace