Housekeeping Aide - $12.50 - $13.63/hour
The Housekeeping Aide is responsible for cleaning resident rooms and general related areas in campus building(s) as assigned.
Department: Support Services
Reports to: Housekeeping Supervisor
Essential Job Specific Duties/Responsibilities
1. Demonstrates efficiency in correct mopping techniques.
a. Uses figure eight method.
b. Uses clean water every third room or 100 square feet.
c. Mops all edges and corners ensuring dirt is removed.
d. Changes mop when visibly soiled.
e. Ensures hard surface floors are clean and free of soil.
2. Demonstrates competency in dust mopping techniques.
a. Starts at end of hall or room.
b. Uses dust mop treatment.
c. Changes dust mop when visibly soiled.
d. Ensures hard surface floor is free of dust and debris.
e. Covers dust mop for storage.
3. Demonstrates effectiveness in correct cleaning of horizontal and vertical surfaces.
a. Ensures furniture is free of dust and smudges.
b. Ensures window ledges are free of dust.
c. Ensures walls are free of spots.
d. Ensures all fixtures and appliances are free of dust.
4. Demonstrates ability to properly do trash removal of general and biohazard waste.
a. Uses gloves when handling trash.
b. Segregates general and biohazard waste.
c. Keeps waste receptacles clean.
d. Covers carts for transport.
e. Empties waste in a timely fashion.
5. Cleans occupied and empty resident rooms.
a. Uses correct supplies for room cleaning.
b. Starts cleaning at farthest point working towards the door.
c. Performs detail cleaning when needed.
d. Ensures carpets are free of spots.
e. Ensures finished rooms exceed 85% quality.
6. Satisfies all educational in-service requirements mandated by CHI Living Communities, the department, external accrediting, and regulatory agencies.
a. Attends all mandatory in-service programs.
b. Adheres to facility policies and procedures.
c. Completes yearly online education program by deadline.
d. Attends employee meetings on a regular basis.
In addition to the essential job specific duties listed above, the Housekeeping Aide shall be required to perform all duties (essential and non-essential) in a manner consistent with the mission and values (compassion, excellence, inclusion, integrity, collaboration) of CHI Living Communities and will be evaluated on such basis.
Furthermore, every employee must abide by all campus, departmental, and safety policies, rules, and regulations.
CHI Living Communities has the right to change the job specific duties and specifications required for the position of Housekeeping Aide from time to time without prior notice.
We recognize our employees’ contributions to CHI Living Communities by offering benefit programs to enhance and preserve their work/life balance and help them protect, plan, and prepare for today and tomorrow. Benefits vary for PRN, part and full time employees, you can always check with the Human Resource Director at the Center for information. We truly believe that home is here for our residents and our employees.
Professional and Personal Growth Opportunities
CHI Living Communities supports employees’ professional and personal growth with opportunities on and off campus.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program for full and part time employees
- Online Campus Learning with Relias Learning
- Dedication to identifying and promoting people from within
CHI Living Communities recognizes that employees need time away from work to rejuvenate and have a balanced work/life.
- Employees accumulate paid time off based on hours worked
- New employees can begin to accumulate up to 160 PTO hours off
- PTO increases with additional years of service
- Time and a half is paid for work done on holidays
- Company-paid time off for jury duty
- Company-paid time off for bereavement
Health Protection for You and Your Family
CHI Living Communities offers a comprehensive health benefit package to help you improve and maintain your health and the well-being of your family with special programs for weight loss and exercise. The following benefits are available to employees working 30 hours or more a week.
- Employee medical coverage with the majority paid by CHI Living Communities
- Multiple health insurance plan options so you can select the one that works best for you and your family
- Dental Option Plan with 75% paid by CHI Living Communities - Click here to learn about Superior Dental Care Value Added Benefits
- Vision Option Plan - Learn about a special hearing aid discount program connected with the plan
- 100% Company-Paid Short-Term Disability
- 100% Company-Paid Long-Term Disability
- Learn about our Virtual Physician Visit Program
- Earn money for your HSA just by walking every day - Read more about the Motion® Program here
Plans for You and Your Family’s Future
We value our employees’ futures.
- Full-time employees benefit from company-paid life insurance valued at two times their annual salary
- All employees are eligible for the Fidelity Investments 401K Plan
- Automatic employer contribution for employees who meet the 1,000-hour requirement and are active at the end of the calendar year
- All employees are eligible for the Employee Assistance Program through Mutual of Omaha that provides confidential assistance for employees and their immediate families, if ever in need